Notices

Henhouse talk with all our friends, part 12

Old 04-03-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Thanks (((Windy))) - how ya doin?

I've been a lazy bum, all day, though I did get to church and it was great...big butterfly on the bulletin, so I thought of mom, a lot. My twins are back, haven't been there in a couple of months, so got extra hugs and told them (and their mom) how much I've missed them. Mom-Kay is back, said they had 12 inches of snow when they got to NJ and "it was so pretty!!" You can tell us southerner's...we think it's pretty, the northerner's are like "enough already!!"

It's gorgeous here, going to be in 70's to low 80's all week. I came back home and went back to bed...didn't sleep the whole time, but just relaxed. This is the last Sunday, for 10 weeks, or so, that I won't be studying.

Stepmom says her and dad had the BEST day, ever, yesterday...spent time together, talked, went to dinner without "the friend" that dad is so obsessed with, so I have no idea what will happen. I did tell her they lying about when she's getting home (when he's gone) has to stop, that she needs to give me the courtesy of a phone call when she takes off..she can spend the NIGHT with her friend, I don't care, but just let me know. She says she's turning over a new leaf, no lying.

Poor Elvis had a bad morning. I was getting ready for church, he was laying on the floor at the foot of the bed, and Patches just started hissing and growling at him. Within minutes, all 30 pounds of Mots POUNCED on him. I broke it up, Mots had black hair in his mouth, a patch of HIS hair was on the floor. Elvis came running to me, like "moooommmmmm, I didn't DO nothin!" and had to snuggle him for a bit. I scolded Mots, told him "I told you to SIT on him when he's aggravating you, not pounce on him for no reason!"

Dad is on his way to Rochester, NY. He doesn't remember a lot of when we drove up there, other than the frozen windshield. That kinda bothers me, that he doesn't remember stuff, but he still seems to have all his faculties, and he IS 71 years old.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-04-2011, 07:04 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

checkin in - love to all xx karma
Old 04-04-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I'm frazzled and frustrated! Frazzled cause, ((Amy)), I think I'm adopting an unfortunate sleep cycle like you are due to my weird job hours... not that I didn't have one already but each night my going-to-bed times change, no more good "sleep hygiene" for me! Frustrated cause... well I just am. Though I did not tell you before... I have recently begun (meaning a few months ago) navigating relationship waters and it's incredibly difficult for me! It's the same as it's always been, I don't know why but I was hoping something would change...I don't think it's going to until I get a handle on my own "personal space/isolation/go-away-I've-had-enough-attention-for-one-day" issues. Hmm...
Old 04-04-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Ah Jay! To be young and chasing after love again. Ummm I might better rethink that. Because I'm extremely happy with my husband! LOL

Yep! You are working some really weird hours. I know I couldn't do it. In the past, when I'd go off for my two week Army camp. I swear they don't believe in letting us sleep during this time. I'd come home, drop my bags in the living room, then fall into bed. I'd be dead to the world until the following day. LOL

Our State troopers have some goofy hours too. So if you get pulled over by one, BE NICE. He might just have rotated to his next shift.

Well, I go to court in the morning for my SS hearing. Not looking forward to this AT ALL. It really pi$$eS me off I have to go in to court and tell this judge about all my physical aches and pains to get approved for SS. When all the info is already listed in in my paperwork from the VAH. Stating I am 100% unemployable! But I have to convince the civilian side of these facts too.

I've got to go now. I've had my large hen, Glenda, going down on me for the past week. I believe she had been attacked by a Hawk. She just died. She was in a cage behind me here.

Hang in there Jay. You'll be okay.

TOD
Old 04-04-2011, 09:12 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

(((Jay)))) - I'm sorry about the sleep issue. I never had a problem, back when I was a nurse, and had weird hours, but damned if I don't have a problem now! Even with the meds, it takes me a few hours to get to sleep, and though I do sleep well, it just doesn't feel like it?

As far as the relationship issue goes, I get you. Because I've been a raging codie, for so long, I am still worried that I will pick out "the bad guy", so haven't even tried. Not to mention, living at home, working 2 jobs and school makes it difficult. I used to swear, if there were 100 good men in a room, and ONE bad guy? I'd pick the bad guy...still don't trust myself. I know that's not the same with you, as you have abandonment issues (justifiably so), but all we can do is keep working on us, and trying.

(((TOD))) - sent you an e-mail, but am praying things go well in court.

(((40))) - dentist's office verified what you sent has been posted to my account...THANK YOU!

We have SEVERE weather heading our way..thunder has just started, wind has been picking up for hours, and supposed to be possible tornadoes, lots of lightening, etc. I've got all 3 cats inside, told them they're grounded. Poor Elvis would be blown into the Atlantic Ocean, as little as he is. Dad is battling the same weather, on his way back from NY. I hope he pulls over if it gets too bad. His van is tall, would blow over more easily than a regular van.

Checked out my "hard" class, as I could just sign on today. Yep, it's gonna be hard. First week, 3 quizzes, 2nd week 3 EXAMS and a quiz, and it repeats until the end of the quarter. She says we're not allowed to use books, notes, power point notes to take them, but she's not in my room, so there!

Work was a zoo when I got there...I think they broke a sales record for day shift. I ended up back in DT, and as the wind picked up, everything was blowing around each time I opened the window. I really thought the weatherman was crazy..got to work, blue skies, absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately, he was right Radar shows red and yellow, with a little green coming our way.

Going to say some extra prayers that none of our trees fall, that dad is safe, and lightening or tornadoes don't hit us. I'd call dad, but I don't know if he's awake, asleep and don't want him on the phone if he's battling bad weather.

I never used to really get worried about the weather, but lightening strikes have increased, a LOT, in the past few years, and houses have burned to the ground, right down the road. Maybe it's that I'm getting older, but I'm a bit edgy.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-04-2011, 09:46 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Got caught in that horrible storm Amy, couldn't tell what color the traffic light was because it was flipped the other way due to the wind. My mom insisted on getting Kentucky Fried Chicken in the midst of a raging storm.
Finally arrived alive in her driveway, after dodging junk flying and cops blocking off roads due to downed trees to find a huge black snake right on her front porch.
I HATE HATE HATE snakes, I hate electrical storms and blinding rain to drive in and it was a bonanza day for me all of it in one day plus I got called up for a urine drug screen because I hadn't talked to my case manager in 6 weeks so he thinks I'm "dirty". Bad bad day and all I want to do is take a bath but they say stay away from bubblebaths and computers now... I'm on the computer but thinking about living dangerously some more and taking a bath to relax.

My mom is fearless, she hammered that black snake with the KFC chicken bag to drive him away... arghhhh I was telling her let's go in thru the garage although it was lightening badly I was willing to risk it over the snake. She managed to shoo him off but I had skin crawling bad for about an hour because I hate snakes. I have snake dreams and it always is bad business. Haven't seen a real one in years till today.

TOD hope things go well tomorrow. Amy hope you stay dry and work goes well with D. Jay communication is your best friend in a romance. Hugs to all and much love

Oh and I'm clean just forgot to call the case manager because I'm loopy on the antidepressant and I told him that but he probably thinks I'm loopy because I'm a dirty drug addict but I'm a clean ex- drug addict. That feels good. Just did not need to deal with a UDS today because I woke up with a bad sinus headache and wanted a bit of coffee and on UDS day no caffeine till the lab is taken care of as it dilutes the urine down. So I had to suffer.... lol my problems are nothing just I don't cope well at times. storms, snakes, recovery programs, driving in rain and hail.... nope not my kind of GREAT DAY at all. But I lived thru it.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:07 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  
College Graduate

Meditation, that sounds like a hell of day. I am glad you got through it, and you should be proud of yourself. have a better night and I hope no snake dreams.

FS
Old 04-04-2011, 10:10 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Sheez, (((Med))) what a day!! I am TERRIFIED of snakes. I went to get the mail, one day, one was crawling across the driveway and I ran, fast as can be, picking my legs up high and screaming bloody murder. Mom was terrified of them, too...got in the car to run the damned thing over, and it was gone. Another time, we were almost home and she ran over one in the road...it flipped up and hit my window...had nightmares for a while.

Glad you got to show your case manager you were clean...so THERE! We have the rain, thunder, and lightening right now. Roof is leaking right beside where I'm sitting, but the cats are calm. I've read that they "sense" bad weather, and other stuff, so I'm trying to have faith in them.

Was worried about dad, but stepmom said he just called and was pulling over for a nap. YAY!!

I don't know who pissed off mother nature, but I sure hope she calms down soon!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-04-2011, 10:18 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Compared to what the poor folks in Japan are dealing with my day was good. I hope things get better over there FS. I keep up with what little they are posting about Japan. I really do pray for you and the people and the country of Japan to get thru this. You are amazing and hope is what keeps them going. They will bounce back.

Amy yeah animals sense it. My cats are all cowering in the rafters in the garage as they hate thunder. No leaks yet but the pool of water in the driveway is growing. I have a leaf pile that plugs up the natural drainage and hoping soon to tackle it.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:22 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
College Graduate

Aww thanks, We just did a big drive at work to send a bunch of clothes and stuff up north. It really has been bood to see people come together, although there is still so much to do.

Thanks for the prays, and I am glad to hear about your family there Impurrfect. I know after the earthquake I had to use Facebook to talk to family as none of the cellphones were working here, for like 24 hours.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:32 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

(((FS))) - I had a friend who was pretty ticked that the only news coming from Japan was from FB...we didn't know that was the only way people could communicate. Glad to hear about the drive to help people. You all absolutely amaze me. It's times like this that I wish I was still a nurse and could come over and help, but that's not gonna happen.

(((Med))) - I hope you realize how well you did today. Not long ago, you would have been a nervous wreck!

Storm isn't too bad, right now...thunder, rain, wind, and that's about it. Took my sleep meds, don't have to work tomorrow, but have class tomorrow night and need to get busy on the other class.

Elvis is curled up at the foot of the bed, so I'm thinking we're okay, for now.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-04-2011, 10:33 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

They had a story on the news tonight from Japan about a dog that was found on floating debris and he was saved and reunited with his owner. I wish there were more great stories like that and I really do wonder if those people will ever get to return back to their homes near the nuclear plant. It could happen anywhere. I live within 30 miles of a nuclear plant and if it happened here I would be in the exclusion zone. I can imagine that the land won't be worth much for farming and now wondering if the seas can be fished anywhere near Japan. Once it's in the ground water well that's sad.

When I was still nursing I worked on a surgery/oncology unit and we had many people that lived in the nuclear town come in with weird cases of multiple myelomas, (bone cancer) just clusters of people that shared well water in a 5 mile area. I have never believed that the govts have revealed everything about nuclear plants and close proximity to living near them.

And lastly just throwing this out but Edgar Cayce did predict much of the stuff happening now back in the 20's and 30's. He said to watch when things in Libya, Egypt and Japan start happening and Yeah I am watching. I'm not scared as I've stated before I'm very at peace with whatever mother nature/forces that be decide to bring. I've got the bags packed so to speak.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:37 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

I know Amy it's amazing. I was still nervous but not incapacitated. The medication ( Cymbalta) is helping me and I think it's just getting used to it that is taking it's toll but it seems the side effects are lessening the longer I'm on it. I do feel I'm improving.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:16 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

(((Med))) glad to know that the med is slowly helping you out...about damned time!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-04-2011, 11:53 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
College Graduate

Hey Med, its good to hear. Sometime I get pissed off at having to take soo many pills, but without my sinemet, I wouldn't function too well. Have a great night.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:18 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Monkey

Here's my fly by check in on the HH for now. Been around on another thread a bit but going back to mostly radio silence. Praying for everyone, and good to see you Med.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:42 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

(((Kelsey))) - glad you did a fly by, but remember...THIS thread is our safe haven, and we do care and want to hear from you, but post when you're ready.

The storm was BAD...5 people are dead; many, many houses have damage, and thousands are still without power. WE are okay..dad made it home and none of our trees fell. Really sad story about a man who was wrapped around their 3-year-old...tree came through the house and killed them Mom and 4-year-old survived. Obviously, dad was trying to comfort and protect the baby...seeing baby's g'ma talking on the news is heartbreaking.

Heard dad's side of a conversation with Brit.."we don't even know where you ARE" (do now), "I'll come and get you and take you to get what you need" and "don't you think you've hurt OUR feelings?!?" So, he's gone to get her and talk.

I realize she doesn't want to talk to me because when she starts whining, I'll point out the choices she's made to get to where she is...no education, no job, no money, etc. Yes, she had her mama die and her dad is an A sperm donor, but at some point we have to take responsibility for our lives. She keeps saying "I'm grown" but has no concept of what being "grown" means. There's a lot of responsibility that comes with that, and whining "but it's not faaaaaiiiiiiirrrrrrrr!" doesn't get you anywhere.

Going to catch up here, then hit the books. First class is tonight, have 3 quizzes to take with the other one.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-05-2011, 05:16 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

www.johnnolanfilms.com
Old 04-05-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

((Windy))) - I want some of those bada$$ hand thingies to wear to work..anyone ticks me off, I'll PINCH them

Just got back from school and have good news. Though I no longer qualify for the scholarship that WAS going to pay my way through school, I do still qualify for the Pell grant and our school is going to participate in federal student loans (they haven't up to this point).

However, instead of letting students get massive student loans that they can't afford, they're going to limit them to covering the education fees, maybe a bit more, but not much (if any). So, I may end up with a loan to pay back, but it won't be much. Pell has covered everything but books and fees, up to now, so will just see how it plays out this fall.

Sam, my A&P instructor was going through his "don't e-mail me through this acct, use this one, don't call me" speech (heard it last qtr). I told him, after class, I HAD e-mailed him through the right acct and he never replied, and "don't MAKE me chase your a$$ down this summer for my grade!" He just laughed and said "okay"

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-05-2011, 11:42 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I'm laughing so hard over the snake stories, I got tears rolling down my cheeks. You two are just too funny. You should see a chicken when they see one in the yard. They will stretch their necks out as far as they can and put their heads on the ground. Then they start making a high pitched purring noise. This is a warning sound. Molly tries to take them on. I have to grab her, because she'll try to attack the snake. Crazy girl!! She's now my new night time, flashlight, search the bugs, crickets and night crawlers out. If I'm walking, she'll run into the back of my legs if I stop too fast. LOL

As for the snakes? I just shoot the damn thing and toss it into the woods. Unless it's a king snake. They eat mice and other posinous snakes. So I let them live.

Had my court hearing Tuesday morning. It went REALLY well. Looks like I'm going to be approved. The judge will be sending me a letter with his decision within the next week. Even my Attorney says I probably will get the approval. Thank goodness, because I'm sick of looking at all the paperwork around here. Ready to box it up and put it in the barn. The Vocational Expert told the judge there wasn't any job I'd be able to work at with all my injuries and disabilities. So that pretty much settles it.

Kelsey: You can shoot the breeze here with us anytime. We won't judge you too harshly! LOL Or call you names, and other disgusting stuff. Lions, Tigers and Bears. Oh my!!!! There are some truly unstable folks that find us here on SR. We can only give them good advice and hope they PAY attention and use it.

Well you henhouser's! I've been up way too many hours and need to head to bed.

Love to all,

TOD

Med: Hubby started a new medicine at bedtime. It's for his fibro. It knocked him out and is suppose to make him loopy in the mornings. Just GREAT! There goes our sex life. Waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy, cry baby, cry!