Notices

when does the anxiety go away?

Old 01-01-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

when does the anxiety go away?

I've been on norcos for 5 years and just got off of them 6 months ago yet I still am super tense and anxious all the time, have no motivation and get periods of slight depression... how long will this last? I think I'm getting tension headaches too and my body just doesn't feel right. How long did it take for all of you to feel good again? Please help...
Old 01-01-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Couldn't tell you I'm clean 12 days now longest since 2011 I get anxious but I think maybe that's why I turned to booze and drugs in the first place. Sure one of the vets off here can help as I can't really as not done it but good luck and stay strong!
Old 01-01-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm on Day 17, anxiety is still super high for me. Prior to the drugs I wasn't an anxious person. So this is all new to me.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would imagine you should be turning a corner any time now to a noticeable improvement. It can take a bit due to the length of time you were on the opiates. The brain can take awhile to recover.

I am a little over 2 months off methadone and can notice myself getting a little better. I am exercising every day for one hour and have noticed a marked improvement.

Keep the faith and try little adjustments in exercise and eating healthy. Im also adding a few supplements I've never tried before and some seem to help my generally low mood and mild anxiety. I still suffer from mega energy dumps where the earths gravity seems about 3 times as strong as normal for some reason. Just massive low energy sometimes. It will pass, I think of my body fighting and healing everytime it feels symptoms.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

sorry double post. darn computers!
Old 01-02-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats to all of you getting clean. This has been by far the hardest thing i have ever done. Never realized how much opiates mess up your body. How do you cope with it all? Is there anyone who has been off of them for a long time and had any complications?