Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

help with extreme withdrawls needed... please read

Notices

help with extreme withdrawls needed... please read

Old 03-05-2008, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ang:)~

i have dealt with so many ppl going through what you are going through now. i had the same problem but with cocaine. it is a LONG hard road, but you will get through it if you keep reminding yourself of why you want to change your life. The first thing i did was change the people i was around. All of my friends liked driugs just as much if not more than myself, so i had to distance myself. it was hard also, but was well worth it. don't give up...you're on the way!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 06:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there,
I am so thankful to the Lord that you found this site...I tell my son that all good things are Angel Whispers....I really believe that.
My son started using at about your age right now...He is now 21 yrs of age...His drug of choice was Oxy's...He would snort them....I would love for you to get to know him...He is on the site as peto568...He just got back from rehab Sat...He is 85 days clean today.:bounce
First of all where are your parents? If you don't mind me asking.
I guess as a parent myself, I find myself asking that question to most addicts...Because I love my son so MUCH and I am here to support him in his recovery process.
I hate so bad that this has happened to you sweetie....But you can knock this thing.
My son had the same symptoms you are talking about. I think he still has some of it...But by the Grace of God this will all pass....You are so young and bright...You have seen you have a problem and that is the first step to recovery! I am proud of You
I believe in prayer and believe that God has a purpose for all of us....So you hang in there!!!
You are so right about these wonderful people on this site! They are wonderful...They can help you so much!
Get in contact with my son...I am sure he could use a friend right now, just like you.
I will be praying for your recovery and Keep us posted
Hugs and prayers,
Machele
Old 03-05-2008, 06:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tyler,
I know exactly what you are going through!!! My boyfriend sold it so it was free to me as well and you know that makes it sooooo much harder when you are tryin to do the right thing. I am doing so much better with my life. I had everything and lost everything in 1 yr. I now have almost everything back. Stick with the ones that really love you. You know those friends that LOVE you when you want to get high and don't come around much when you don't. Lose them...for good. Today is my first day on here too....so HI FRIEND!!! Thanks for listenin to me too!!! Good luck...i'm prayin for you!!
Old 03-05-2008, 06:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As far as w/d's everyone is different. By day six usually vomiting is done, but it's still no walk on the beach. If you don't feel safe, go to the ER. I'm sure you'll hear from lots of people that you can't do this alone and it's true. For right now though, you have to make sure you don't put your safety at risk.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Tyler, you have taken the first step towards getting out of the darkness. I'm a recovering addict/alcoholic with over 2 1/2 years in Recovery. My drug of choice was opiates as well. I know how much they can kick you butt, physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, ect . . .

By admitting that you have a problem and reaching out for help is the first step to getting better. I caution you, even though you for the most part you SHOULD be through the worst of the withdrawls by day 6, if you keep feeling as sick as you are or it gets any worse at all, go to the hospital. I don't want to freak you out, but this is no joke, as you well know.

Hang in there, hang with us, we care!

God Bless,
Judy
Old 03-05-2008, 07:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ok Tyler,
I am crying uncontrollably!! Not because I am sad, but because you are so delightful and you touched me. Sweetie, you are special...I don't know if you realize how smart and bright you are, but believe me you are!!!
God Bless you Hon,
I can't quit crying...You have touch my very heart
We are all here for you!
Machele
Old 03-05-2008, 07:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello Tyler

I am glad you found this forum. Everyone is so supportive and full of knowledge, advice, and so on.

I abused opiates heavily for almost 8 years. Percocets, Lortabs, Norco, Vicodin, Ultram, just anything I could get my hands on. There was a time I was taking 15 or more a day just to get "through" it all. I have relapsed on and off in that time frame. Once I quit cold turkey (ultram and another) and it scared my husband so bad, I had to go to the ER. I was abusing benzos as well thinking it would "help" the withdrawals and I ended up getting addicted to those as well.

Please go to the ER if you feel you need to. They can help you there.

Keep on posting and congrats on your road to recovery!!

Edited to Add: About the restless legs, try a hot shower before bed. Sometimes this helps me, sometimes it doesn't. It may work for you. Try to get into bed right after the shower though and hopefully it will relax you enough to fall asleep and sleep through some of the w/d's.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have heard of it and yes I am aware that methadone will get you high. I have never taken it, but I know some people that have (for getting "high" purposes, not recovery).

Some of the members here are doing the suboxone treatments and maybe they will chime in.

About the showers, what I do is only run the hot water on my legs and just "sit" in the shower. Sounds funny but that way, you aren't getting your entire body hot, just your legs are being relaxed. Hope that makes sense!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

The night sweats are all apart of it. That will also, in time get a whole lot better. For me, when I was detoxing, I kept a fan blowing around in the room as well as staying covered up. I don't know if it actually worked or the sweating just happened to be easing up, but I know it seemed to help. Also, if you have one of those older fans that make a good deal of noise, the noise was very soothing to me. It's funny, I have slept with a fan on me, year round ever since. I have been through a few fans since then!

Judy
Old 03-05-2008, 08:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Suboxone does work.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Tyler,

Welcome! So glad you found this forum, there are a lot of great ppl on here! Yes, I had the sweats, and all of the other things you mentioned. One thing you may want to do is find an NA meeting there in NY. I have 46 days today and since I have met ppl in the program and found a sponsor right away, it just seems easier to me now.

Praying for you to stick with it! you will feel so much better soon.

Sheila
Old 03-06-2008, 04:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Don't forget the lovely runny nose, and after those sweats you get the chills, sweats again, chills, aaahhh detox, isn't it awesome? LOL
Old 03-06-2008, 04:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

HI Tyler!! I have been sober for 2 alil over two years now, off of herion, but it all started with vicoden, and perks, then oxys then i graDUATED AND THAT WENT ON FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS, BUT i TRIED TO KICK MYSELF FOR 5 DAYS, THEN I WENT ON THE METHADONE PROGRAM FOR A LIL BIT, OPPS sORRY FOR THE CAPS and they really watch u and dont give u enuff to get high, unless u plan on using it long term, but it did that for about a year then switched to suboxone, it does it, but its hard work, it will help u with the withdrawels alot, have u tried to get into a detox? I was also on this site 24 hrs aday for my first year, its great, Im hear for you, as like many others i have been threw it. but try taking sleep md, its herbal to help u sleep, tylonal pm. for me with the legs a hot bath rather then shower, i would tak ebaout 5 a just during the night, and keep ur mind busy, ur almost out of the clear with vomiting and stuff, but its going to be a long road ahead I suggest u get to a meeting, and get urself a support system, these poeple are great as I had no family there for me too, I found a family in the sober community. send me a mesage if u need to talk.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

how many days since you last took dope?
Old 03-06-2008, 05:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

hi tyler. I just wanted to let you know you were on my mind so much last night. i prayed for youseveral times. I hope you made it through the night ok. You seem to be a very sweet person and i want to see you succeed in your journey called life. It'shard especially if you have to do it alone. i have thought about backsliding a lot this week but talking with these people and YOU have made me realize that i am better than that. you are too. praying, angie
Old 03-06-2008, 06:13 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Angie,
You are such a sweet girl...I prayed last night for you too.
Tyler,
Prayed for you....I also prayed for everyone on this site and off this site...For their addiction and recovery.

God is amazing if you let him contol your life. We all have the opportunity to be tempted by things...But the outcome of the temptations are the outcome of your choice you make....I believe we should take one day at a time...That is what the Lord wants you to do anyway...We have no promise for tomorrow or at the next second....So when they say take one day at a time....I sincerely believe that should go for anyone...addict or not. I try and live by that anyway. I use to not look at it in that way...Until my wonderful son who is in recovery right now, told me I have to take one day at a time...Which I know was hard for him too....But when you think about it all, God has already told us we do not have a promise for today or the next second. Why think about tomorrow...when you are doing so great today:ghug3
I thought about your last night Tyler...I believe God will take care of you sweetie...Listen to the Angel whispers..
God Bless you and let us know how your doing,
Machele
Old 03-06-2008, 06:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I had cold sweats, hot sweats, all sweats. My skin wanted to jump from my body. From what I understand, that is a normal w/d reaction.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

congrats on day 7 tyler - I am surprised to hear you say that you are still feeling the physical withdrawal symptoms- my detox was severe from days 1-4, with day 3 being absolutely miserable, so I can completely sympathize with what you have just gone through.
oxycontin was my DOC, up the nose, of course, and I thought I was in hell coming off it. I can only suggest to try to give it another day before you go in search of another pill- If you have been off of anything for 7 days, I would bet that you are going to feel a dramatic ease in w/d symptoms soon, and I don't know why you'd want to try something new (even with something relatively benign like subox is I've heard), with the end so close in sight. Do what you want, but my thought is just try to give it 24 more hours- you are already so invested in it, and I know that you are probably wanting relief something fierce after a miserable 7 days, but you are so close to not needing anything- why pick up another bag to carry?
the psychological w/d comes next- be prepared for it, it is nothing glamorous either
good luck- let us all know your progress, k?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:21 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Wonderful news Tyler...I am so glad you feel better...Thank you for praying for my son!! We need all the prayers we can get!!
Everytime I pray, I feel a weight lifted from my shoulders...I know that is God taking it away...I know when I wake up in the morning I have to begin in pray and end my day in pray...If I don't...My day begins wrong
Thank God for these wonderful people on this site...Believe me...I know when you say that it's amazing how a complete stranger seems so close to your heart...This site has been a blessing...Everyday that my son was in rehab, I had to tell him about this site. I told him of all the wonderful people and how helpful they where to me and I thought they would be for him...I would tell him to pray for certain ones and ect..He has a wonderful heart and cares so much for people...Like I have said before...Most people who are addicted are the most caring and wonderful people you can meet...I don't know why, but it seems that way...
Anyway, Glad to see God answered all our prayers and I hear that Suboxin is very helpful for some individuals.
You keep us posted and prayers always,
Machele
Old 03-06-2008, 11:40 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

hey, I totally didn't want you to take me the wrong way- I wasn't trying to imply that you would abuse them - I've never taken them myself, but from what I've heard is that they are not the type of pill you abuse, however, what I was trying to warn you of is that alot of people around here have said that coming off the sub is a miserable experience, too. I just wouldn't want to see you get all the way through one w/d cycle, start on new pills, and then have to go through the wean/taper w/d of the subox. But by all means- talk to your doc, and ask him/her what they think- I cant argue with that as being your best corse of action- but make sure you ask them what coming off the sub is like if they decide to prescribe it.
Hey, I'm totally proud of you, too- that sounds like the monster habit I had- not quite as severe as you are describing, but bad enough- maxed out at about 200 norco and 200 oxycontin a month x 2 years, so I can completely sympathize with what you are going through right now- and I am just now recently detoxed- sobriety date of 2/12, so best wishes, and please let us all know how you do.