Notices

sick of sobriety

Old 05-27-2003, 10:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

sick of sobriety

Its summer, im out of school and i really cant imagine a summer of sobriety. I went sober for a couple months but now its summer and i want to drink and socialize with my friends. Im dont wioth meth, coke, pills all that ****, but i still wanna smoke weed and drink this summer. My parents are still testing me so its not like i can get away with too much but honestly i dont want the sobriety at this time. I just dont want this to lead to anything else. I think i can control it but i really dont know. Any sugesstions right now??

Dana
Old 05-27-2003, 11:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Have some raspberry ice tea instead. You are full of life right now. Don't let anything take that away from you. Your choices right now will set the stage for the rest of your life. Make the right choices.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...threadid=13058
Hugs,
MG

Old 05-29-2003, 10:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Serenity Dancer

Hi Dana,
I can't tell you what personal choices to make but I can share with you that my brother had worked very hard to get clean and sober. He was doing great and was back to being the fun wonderful person we all loved very much. He went on vacation to visit some cousins and they all went out drinking and socializing. I don't know why my brother chose to drink again that day..maybe to fit in..maybe to relax..only he knows. But that drink led to more drinks and then more and then all the other things he used to use started sneaking their way back in. It was a downward sprial from there and I can't even begin to tall you all the things that have happened to him, just because he chose to "socialize" the way everyone else was. He too thought he could control it, that it would be just that one night, but it didn't turn out that way. We may be stong but addiction can get even the strongest of people in its grip.

You don't have to drink or use to fit in or to socialize. Be yourself, be clean, and let the "real" you show through. I bet in the long run you will be so glad and proud that you did!!

Hoping you'll stay strong!

Moostang Rita
Old 05-29-2003, 01:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Doug

Re: sick of sobriety

Originally posted by SHMD05
honestly i dont want the sobriety at this time.
Doesn't really leave much room for any suggestions. I was never able to stay clean and sober until I wanted to.

Either way, good luck, and we're here if you want to talk.
D-

Old 05-29-2003, 02:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Scott L.

Re: sick of sobriety

I agree with Doug,

Today I want to stay sober, more than I want to drink,

God willing, tommorow will be the same.

Try waiting until tommorow.....

Old 05-29-2003, 03:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

YOu really shouldn't toss away those two months of sobriety but as you mentioned, you don't want to be sober so that is your answer as far as if you will go back to the pills, coke, meth, etc. If you already have abused drugs, you won't be able to control your drinking, even if alcohol wasn't your thing. As an addict, the substance didn't really matter to me, I just wanted to feel good and get f***ed up. I never was a big drinker either the first time I tried to get sober, I just became a big drinker and soon after I was using and drinking. Two things to jump off of now. I know that if I drank again, I may not go back to using the first time. Maybe not even after a month but eventually I will. I also know that I could not stick to one or two drinks. Again, maybe not the first or second or even the third time, but soon I will be chugging a twelve pack again.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
delta88p

Dana

A lot of powerful words here on the board.

You'll never be able to control yourself unless you want to. That's a fact.

You say you don't want to be sober for the summer yet you are here. So maybe you do and maybe you don't. Tough spot to be in right now.

If you don't know weather or not you can controle it, well unfortunately my experiences have shown that you probably can't. Simple.

Be careful making this choice, it will effect the rest of your life.

I remember my Mother telling me once "You know you don't have to drink to have a good time" and thinking yup she's right...I have cocaine!

One of the things we have to learn the hard way in life is that most of the time our parents were right.

Summers not about booze. It's just summer, that's it. I love drinking cold beer in the summer. But ya know I love it as much in the winter. I have a problem.

Hope you do the right thing for you and if you don't, let us know. Maybe we can help.

Delta.

Old 05-30-2003, 02:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

Yes, summer is just summer, nothing special, just hotter.
Old 06-01-2003, 12:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

It's really hard to say if you can control it. Have you had luck controlling it in the past? Do you want to moderate your drinking and if so do you think you can? Only you can answer these questions. When you are honest with yourself about the answers, then you can decide from there what you would benefit most from doing. The pros and cons list of picking up again might add some light to your decision. This program is for people that know they do not want to drink anymore and choose to get support from other members of the group. If you want someone to make decisions about whether you should drink or not, probably most people around here will say "DON'T DO IT" (not me), but anyway, because most of us couldn't control it. Nice to hear that you are seeking advice. It means you care about yourself. Be kind to yourself.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i got sick of sobriety too....

last summer i went 2 months w/o meth...then,jus like that...i was back on it...but way worse than b4....i ended up shrinking my stomach...n i had 2 go c my dr.
if u r sick of sobriety....ur other option is 2 b sick of tha crap u wanna fill ur body with....u choose...i hope u choose 2 stay sober..it's worth it...definately worth it...
Old 06-04-2003, 03:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

xmethead..

You mentioned that your stomach shrank and that you saw your doctor about it..........what did he say??

I used to use SO MUCH amphetamine sulphates, DEX, glass, and mixture amphetamine compounds and I felt like this had happened to me about two years ago. I could eat almost nothing or get sick and/or vomit. Lost so much weight. Although everything is normal now and weigh much more that I did before using, I still wonder about this. I didn't know whether or not this really could happen....stomach shrinkage. Did your doctor say that yours really did....was it permanent....and what did he do? When I was using speed I thought that I just suffered some strange amphetamine induced eating disorder. Man, I HATE even thinking about my speed days, worse drug known to man. I gained all my weight back plus 25lbs. since stopping the stuff.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

oh yeah...

yes...my stomach shrank to the size of a 6 yr. olds.i never ate and barely drank so i was a little dehydrated too.i started eatting soup n and fruit.drinking lots of water and desperately trying to sleep.i was told to eat what i could when i was hungry.about 4 months after quitting meth,i began to notice my appetite was coming back in full swing...along with some weight gain.i started sleeping more restfully,less tossing and turning.the thing about meth is that it causes phycosis(spelling?)which is the inability to deal with reality,i think.i know that i couldnt see the bad things i had done to my body (and life)until i had detoxed some.my dr. said it could be a year until i feel "right" again...i am on my way at this time...i sat with an old meth friend bout 2 months ago....she said she couldnt say she wouldnt do it again,if it were in front of her,she'd contemplate it.me,i KNOW i dont want it...whether its in front of me or not.i know what could happen to me if i did use again and it scares the bejeezus out of me.