Notices

help with clonidine

Old 08-13-2007, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question help with clonidine

has anybody ever used clonidine to get off there doc, and has it worked to lessen the very bad withdrawels we go through
Old 08-13-2007, 05:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

I have used it several times for poiate withdrawal...JUST DON"T take it and use..that I know...
It was helpful yeah....I think it works well for opiate withdrawal..lessens anxiety..just don't take too much..only take what your doc tell ya to..
love north
Old 08-13-2007, 06:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I used it, and it pretty much saved my ass. Before when I tried on my own, I couldn't get past day 2. The Clonidine took my WD's away about 95%.

I should mention, I got them from my doctor. I took them as he told me to. I WANTED to be off the pain pills. And I didn't take any pain pills while I was taking the Clonidine.

Having said all that, while you go thru it, make a plan to do stuff different to stay off your DOC. The Clonidine does not get rid of the committee in your head that says it will be ok to use again.....
Old 08-13-2007, 07:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"committee in your head"

That darn group. I don't hear their voices much now, but I am sure they are still having regular meetings in the crawlspace of my mind .

Good one.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes...I was given Clonidine in the form of patches I wore on my back shoulderblades and it helped greatly with withdrawal symptoms!
Make sure you follow your DRs advice though, because getting too much in your system can actually raise your BP which happened to me and they had to reduce my amount...but other than that, I highly recommend it as a tool in helping with withdrawals!
Good luck my fellow "Buckeye"!!
Jane
Old 08-14-2007, 03:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mine were pills, and according to the Doc, and the Internet, they are actually bllod pressure pills which have been found to help cut WD's from some narcotics, and smoking as well.

They did not, (for me anyway) provide any kind of good feeling in return. They just simply cut out most/all of the hideous WD symptoms. This is good because then I didn't have to worry about quitting something else....

The first few days, they made me sleepy as well, which is ok; when I'm sleeping I'm not thinking. lol. But that passed about the third or fourth day.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Doug...Yes, mine made me tired and listless too and, if I remember correctly, I ended up taking one of the patches off abit earlier than prescribed to see if it made any difference and just wore the one. I think my DRs said I was to leave them on for about 14-days after discharge from rehab but were OK when I called to ask about taking the one off.
I felt very comfortable wearing them because, like you replied, it was not something else I would have to wean off of.
Jane
Old 08-14-2007, 08:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
T1
sparkly clean

took it and yea it helped me from opiates wds but it did make me super tired.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

I used Clonadine ..to help with my detox this time round ..and have in the past ...!
For opiate w/d's ...!

They do help ...But I also found they made me Very sleepy

...But that helped at the time ...at least i was'nt Kickin about in my sleep ...!

But Just take them as directed by your Dr ...as they can make you drowsy ...!
Old 08-14-2007, 12:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Arura...yes, come to think of it...sleep IS good!! And the Clonidine helped with the restless legs alot!!
When I got to the point where I felt I should be getting around more {and not resting as much} was when I took the first patch off.

Cottonhead?? You still around? Hope this helps and please let us know how you are doing, K?
Jane
Old 08-26-2007, 04:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, im still around just busy lately, as all of you said, they did help alot with the withdrawals. I am off the oxy, but the new doc im seeing now put me on meth. 40 mg 2 X a day. Im wanting to get off that to, if i can stand the pain. Question: Is the wds worse with the meth, or do i have to worry about it at all? Ive never been on meth before. Thanks