Notices

Suboxone doc over charging!?

Old 12-17-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Suboxone doc over charging!?

It's been a long while since I've posted. A really long time....I'm not even sure what my last post was about. I've had a pain pill addiction that started with lortab and went to methadone. After 6 years of what I call hell and my husband and best friend also getting addicted along the way we all together decided to go the subxone and ours is actually subutex route. At first it was ok. Expensive but still a good bit less than was being spent on the street. It has been a huge help and I'll admit while I've done ok weaning down im afraid to let go of that crutch. Especially after what happened at my appointment the other day. Have been going for a year and after paying $200 cash they wanted another couple hundred. I asked why and they claim they need to do a more analyzed test of my urine bc no subutex was in my system. I call bs! I take it everyday. This and other things makes me feel like they are really just money hungry and don't care a bit about my well being. I've saved up enough meds to last 3 months if I continue to take the same amount(longer if I can get down some more) but really I'm having trouble deciding if I should just not go back and finish weaning on my own? Try and find another doc? I just don't know what to do but cannot afford it if they continue to do this and they seemed like they may. Any advice would be appreciated! Oh and I havent abused pill on 1 year and 4 months!
Old 12-18-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Perc I'm sorry you had that experience. I agree something isn't right? My sub doctor charges $300 for the initial visit and $100 for each subsequent one. When he needs a UA he charges my insurance company.

There was a day that my test came negative for Sub even though I was taking it. Idk if it was neg. or low....but he accused me of selling my script. Which I have never done nor would I ever do. You mentioned you had three months worth saved up....so does that mean you are not taking the full amount prescribed? If so, maybe it's coming out less then what it should be and that is why he's suspicious? Please don't think I'm accusing you....I'm not...just wondering if that could be why he wants to test you further? Because, if that is a problem, then maybe make sure you take your dose at the time when it would show up the most in your UA that way you are guaranteed a positive UA, because the day it showed up less in my urine was the day I took it late....just before my appt. so it might not have shown up.

But I think if you are not ready to get off it yet, you should start looking into other doctors. There might be a waiting list, so if I were you, I'd check ASAP and get put on the list before you run out completely. If you are not happy with this doctor. Because, that's a lot of money, especially when you don't understand why he's charging you.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for the response. And no i have never taken the amount they precribed.....but they know this. If it was up to them Id be taking 2 8mg pills a day and I only take about 6 to 8 mg. I've always been honest and told them this and they always say great! Make it last as long as you can. He even knows I have several put back....but since we are drug addicts they don't want to go more than 2 to 3 months to see me which I understand....and I take my meds everyday and had taken it the night before and morning of my app just like everyday and have never had it not show up, unless they didn't mention it. That's the thing with them is they say things when they want to and other times don't, and it's confusing. Also have a friend that goes and has tested positive for other opiates and they have never charged her more just said don't do that again. I haven't touched a pill since I started the program so it's very weird. One of the docs even admitted to me once that the owner is very money hungry. I may need to switch but I'm also considering weaning myself down with what I have if I can and just be done but that's also kinda scary. My life is so much better than a year ago