Notices

Needing advice on suboxone confusion?

Old 08-05-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Needing advice on suboxone confusion?

Could any one tell me why someone would trade suboxone back and forth with someone else who also takes suboxone? when husband gets his script filled he gives some of it to his boss at work and then when his boss gets his script filled he gives my husband some. Also sometimes I know my husband will try to avoid answering text or calls from his boss due to knowing he wants suboxone and says he cant give him any more till he gets his filled or he will run out and will try to make excuses for why he cant meet him somewhere. I have ask him why do you do this if he gets a script every month like you do why are you doing this Im always told its my boss what else can I do? And last month he casualy mentioned that he had bought some loratab from someone he works with (this is very common at his job selling and buying everything from prescription to street drugs goes on there I have told him many times to find another job)but regarding the loratab i said that I thought you would get sick if you took that while on suboxone? he looked at me so angry and very aragantly and sarcasticly said no it doesnt make me sick. I was surprised and said really? again even more sarcasticly said very loudly YES IT does make me sick ! so Ill just throw the rest away!
I ask why he was getting so angry his responce was well you didnt like my first answer so I gave you another one! which then started a huge argument about me interogating him ( Iam always accused of this if I ask any questions about anything)does anyone recognize any of this could someone help me figure it out?
Old 08-05-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

unease7-

That is certainly not behavior that someone in recovery should be displaying. It does not sounds like either your husband or his boss are using the suboxone as prescribed if they are needing to get extra from each other. Additionally, your husband is using illegal drugs on top of that. That is not recovery, that is active addiction. I would guess that the two of them are using the suboxone to hold them over between other drugs.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes I agree with Alabama, they must be abusing the sub. My doctor writes a monthly script and gives dosing instructions just like any other med.....no need to borrow or lend this medication. Your husband and his boss look like they are using it between highs to not get sick from WD.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep I agree with the others. .. no reason to trade the meds unless they are shorting themselves some how. ... anyways his aggression and short temper responses to your questioning throw up major red flags for active addiction. Your hubby and his boss are not in recovery from the sound of it. ... Also just an fyi... you won't get sick if you take another opiate while on subs... They just don't really work , the opiates I mean. .. so people who are seeking the high from the opiates (lortab in your story) are likely to take large doses to try get the feeling they are searching for... and in doing this. .. People are taking huge chances of overdosing.

It's possible that what is happening is they are skipping the subs for a few days, getting high on other pills for a bit, then when those other meds run out they start up the subs again to prevent withdrawal... ugly cycle. .. If you want change maybe you can speak with his subs doctor. .. tell them your concerns. . Maybe they can give him more drug screens with the promise that if he fails he is out of the program(no more subs) or maybe they can do daily dosing (where he only gets enough meds for the day and has to return every day. )
Old 08-05-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ps. You can however get pretty sick if you take subs to quick after taking opiates. .. called precipitated withdrawal.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Purechoes thank you for the info ,and three days after we had this argument whith him insisting and being extremely defensive that this does not make him sick. I found him in the bathroom on the floor hugging the toilet throwing his guts up. When I got hm from wk that day I ask him about it and his response was that he had gotten up In the middle of the night and ate something that mad him sick. He still would not admit to what he had really done. He looked me in the eyes and He lied.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Uneasy,
Agree, agree and agree with the others. PLUS it's illegal to give your subs away to another person, (like the active addict cares) if the law finds out your husband is doing this, he might find himself in jail.
My AD seems to be "short" a day or two or more each month, then the w/ds start and she gets nasty and argumentive like your hubby. My thoughts are that she is giving a few subs away to her using friends or they are stealing or begging her for them or she might be taking an extra one here and there. Such a sickening circle this disease is.
I have no answers to give you, except take good care of yourself, real good care.
Stick around and keep reading and if I didn't say it yet...Welcome to SR! Feel safe here and take what advice you need and can use and leave the rest. No one will be offended!
Take care,
TF