Notices

Ive been lying to my Dr. and NEED advice on what to do.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ive been lying to my Dr. and NEED advice on what to do.

I was buying subs from people on the street and was using them to get clean off heroin. I was sober for about 5 months using subs and finally found a DR. I could afford who would write me script for the subs. I told him I was on subs for about 5 months. I told him I was taking 1 8mg strip a day. Once I started using the script I noticed that when I was buying them on the street I was using way more than that. I was using 16mg a day. I feared he would think I was lying or trying to get more to sell so at our next appointment I told him I was taking 10mg a day so he increased my dose and I have been buying the remainder off the streets. I am tired of doing this and want to tell him the truth but Im scared he will kick me off the program. What do you guys think I should do? Also I do not know how to tell him. So if someone could help me decide on what to do I would appreciate it.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi dear, I have been in a similar spot once or twice. We have to remember our docs our familiar with our situation. I finally broke down at one point and was completely honest with mine and it worked out for me.
I am guessing your doc will not be surprised by anything you could say. If you are wanting help, and only you know deep down what you want/need, then your doctor is someone you should be able to tell the truth to. They will be able to help you ONLY if they know exactly where you are at.
It is soo difficult when we are lying everywhere in our lives, and then that follows us to the place that we are seeking help. Give yourself a break and try not to be so hard on yourself!
Good luck, and hang in there!
Old 04-24-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have to agree with stopper. We need to be honest with our doctor. Do you think you could handle taking only 10mgs? Are you having too many cravings....withdrawals? If you could somehow get used to that amount it would be best just because I don't know how sincere your sub doctor is. Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy, but it's a fact that not every doctor in the SUB business is in it out of a sincere wish to help addicts. I've gone thru 3 sub doctors because of having one that was corrupt and did not even care to answer or return my calls when I became horribly sick on the dose he prescribed. It would be very hard to give advice without knowing your doctor. Whatever you decide be true to yourself and try to be completely honest from here on out. But I understand you and know that we do care about you. Thank you for posting and please let us know what you decide and how it works out for you!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Clean is also very right about the doctors and their best interests. It took me 3 before I found one that I really like and am comfortable with. I do believe that there is one out there for you if yours isn't on point. Keep posting!! :-)
Old 04-24-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sure your doctor has heard this same story before. In order to get clean you need to lay everything out there and be honest. That will show your doctor you are serious about your recovery. Give him a chance before you assume what his reaction will be. Let us know how it goes!
Old 04-24-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You guys are amazing, thank you. I called my doctor and told the secretary I needed to talk to him about increasing my dose. So I'm awaiting a phone call and we will see how it goes. I'm just going to be completely honest. I will update once I talk to him. Thanks for the support guys.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You got this
Old 04-24-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great!
Old 04-24-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that was the right decision suboxoneuser12

D