Notices

Jumping off!

Old 04-19-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dmp

Jumping off!

Hello all,

I have been at .5 mg suboxone for about 16 days now. And I am officially out of suboxone. I have read that this can be a decent jumping off point.. I know that some suggest skipping days in between, however I have not gone a single day without sub of some kind for about a year and a half now.. I am looking for a generalized support group through these forums, and was wondering if .5mg should be manageable enough? I have a job interview in a couple days and am a little afraid of feeling wrecked through it.

Thank you all for any and all support!
Old 04-20-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can do this Dmp. Hopefully you worked with your doctor. You will probably feel heightened anxiety and some stomach issues. Let us know how it goes. A lot of this is your mental attitude and how well you are able to cope without anything. Keep reaching out for support and keep a positive attitude. It goes a long way. Good Luck!!!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dmp like Marcus says, you can do this! I agree that the most you will probably feel is anxiety, and some stomach issues. You might become a little tired or irritable. I guess whatever symptoms you experience each time you stepped down. I doubt it would be anything major. Although I'm no doctor and you know yourself better than anyone. But jumping from that dose seems doable. Marcus is once again spot on about the importance of having a good mental attitude. It looks like you have that!

We are here for you! Come back and update us on how your doing!

Take care!
Old 04-20-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dmp

So far so good. It is Easter Sunday, and being distracted seems to help a lot. I do feel a little ran down and my muscles feel weathered. I almost feel like I have strings attached to me all the time. Aside from that, some minor anxiety when the weird thoughts creep in, I definitely feel this is doable. I do somewhat feel as though I made it worse in my mind than it is so far. I know that days 4 and 5 can be the worst... However, my current plan is to tell myself "only one more day" each and every day until I am completely done! Because surely these feelings will fade eventually. My major driving force is feeling normal...
I get so jealous of anyone I see that wakes up in the morning and just starts their day and faces it head on. I haven't had the ability to do that in so long, my day MUST start with my dose or the day seemed unmanageable. This is the first step to becoming normal again! No more shame or hesitation

After all, all is well that ends well!
Will probably post more as I experience more, if that is alright!
Old 04-20-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's great dmp! I'm glad you doing well! I like your attitude very much! When you started tapering what did you first step down from and for how long did you maintain before stepping again? I'm planning to step down from 6mgs soon.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dmp

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
That's great dmp! I'm glad you doing well! I like your attitude very much! When you started tapering what did you first step down from and for how long did you maintain before stepping again? I'm planning to step down from 6mgs soon.
I started this harrowing journey a year and a half ago. I originally starts at 8 mg, and then decided to half my dose. I used a specific method for halving my dose that I have yet to see anyone mention on any forums so I will mention it here. It worked wonders for me. I stayed at each dose for about a month or two, I didn't start plateauing until the 2mg mark. With hind sight, I could have stayed at each dose no more than 2 weeks before halving, however, fear and comfort kept me at my stable doses.

With this halving method, I never experienced any withdrawal symptoms that I could not until I reached the 2 to 1 mg mark.

Halving in halves:
Starting at 8mg, I chose a day to halve my dose to 4mg. I took my 8mg strip every morning. So I would choose a date about a week away, vowing to be at half within 7 days. Let us say Monday. So the Monday seven days before the Monday I would half, I would wake up and take half of my dose (4mg), then go about my day. If I ever experienced any withdrawals I would take one half of the remaining half (2mg). Before I went to bed I would take the remainder of however much I had, whether it be the full other half (4mg) or just some (2mg).
Your goal throughout the week should be to only take the half in the morning and the last half at night. I'd say by Thursday from 8mg, starting from Monday, you want to be taking 4 in the morn and 4 before bed. Then Friday and sat take 4 when waking up and 2 at night. Then on Monday take 4 when you wake up and that's it. You are basically sleeping off any withdrawal symptoms and when you wake up, who cares if you feel crappy because you are taking a bunch when you wake up. The. Stay at 4 for a week or two, then repeat the process. It worked wonders for me and surprised I haven't seen it any where else. It worked so well for me that I am astounded that I ever dreaded cutting down.

In your case, with 6mg. Do the same thing. Put on a calendar you see every day or something that you see and vow that you will half it. Then spend the next three days taking 3 in the AM, and work hard not to take the other 3mg until before bed. Not right as you get home from work. Also, don't psych yourself out. Don't trick yourself into feeling withdrawals just because you only took half when you have been taking 6mg. Just say "relax bro, I got this". If you truly feel you can't handle it, try drawing three circles on a sheet of paper. The. Draw a smiley face in each one. If that feels like hell just making it through 3 smiley faces, then you are truly probably withdrawing. The. Take half of the remaining half right then. Then, no matter what, save that remaining half of a half until bed time. Rinse repeat until day seven with the plan described and you will be golden!

If you have any questions let me know you got this, no worries!
Old 04-26-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How is it going DMP? You still hanging in there?
Old 05-01-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Where is DMP?
Old 05-01-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Dmp

Hello all! Sorry for the absence I am at two weeks this Sunday! Everything is great!
I will say that some days I feel kinda sad for no reason, but that's just the paws talking. Lol

I really built this demon in my mind that withdrawals would eat my soul alive and leave my flesh for the crows.

Lies. All lies. Any withdrawal feelings I MAY be feeling are heavily overpowered by the feeling of liberty and freedom. No longer mired by the chains of addiction, the though of being normal has kept my gears going beyond doubt!

Anyone looking for inspiration, ignore the horror stories!
I am not going to pretend that I quit and on day one I felt like a fresh banana patch, but I do feel clearer.

My memory was foggy on days 4 and 5, and I would have random bouts of feeling disoriented, but by day 7 I was golden. I sleep fine, dream fine, eat fine, and play my video games again! I literally feel as though I have my life back!