Notices

Is Suboxone this TOXIC? All sub users plz answer

Old 04-17-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is Suboxone this TOXIC? All sub users plz answer

Question is for any person that's been on Suboxone/burpronorphine. Wondering if anyone else gets a dirty feeling while on Subs? Believe ever since around 2mg my body started to feel dirty. Skins real clammy. Best way for me to describe it is as if you were sweating all day and at the end of the day, your skin feels sticky, slimmy, etc. but you never even sweated. Wondering if everyone gets this feeling or if it's only long term users or is it only me??? Hahaha seriously though i may feel clean for a few hours after a shower but doesn't last. I never feel clean in my own skin. I never really put to much thought into it til now. Is Suboxone that dirty "Toxic"? I know that sweating a lot can be a side effect but this is different.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Only been on it a week and don't feel as you described. What you are describing almost sounds like mild dysphoria which can happen when someone takes more bupe then they clinically need. How long have you been on bupe and what kind of habit are you using bupe to kick?
Old 04-19-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dirty Suboxone

I'm kicking blues at the height of use I was takin 18-20 30mg blues a day. Eventually I couldn't get any sleep w/out full blown withdrawals. So I got on Suboxone 3 years ago! Started at 6mg got myself down to between 1mg - 1.50mg up and Dow for a year. And now finally I'm ready to get off I'm tapering 25% every 4 to 7 days. The dirty feeling I'm describing Maybe by cause I'm a longterm sub user, Not sure that's why I'm asking. Dint notice the dirty feeling until I got at 2mgs. Every since then I've felt that way and since I've been lowered below the 2mgs. Really the past 2weeks I can really tell how dirty thus stuff is. My arms stick to my rib cage area if not wearing shirt by end of day.Like a home sitting on couch, with no shirt on if I look down while moving my arm off my stomach area. I can actually see my skin sort of peel away from arm and belly area. Like my skin is really sticky. Not sure if I'm doing a good job describing but it's very noticeable and definitely has GOT to be from the subs. "Bupronorphine". If u just started subs. Plz u shouldn't have to take more than 6mgs even for x- H users. U may feel bad on low dose BUT 4 to 6 days later your body will feel better it'll feel like you took whatever higher dose u were on before. It's crazy how subs work! I promise you what I've learned is there's different ways to detox.
1) is for only 4 to 7 days which easies the wds without getting addicted, still have wds but nowhere as intense
2) is take subs for no longer than 2months. There gr8 statistics for this type of detox. Wds r zip besides have no energy when u get off
3) which I did but regret it tremendously, is longterm. The only good thing about longterm sub use is that. I do NOT remember what the high was like when I was on blues "pain killers" so in Essences my addiction to the highis over. The problem is I'm now addicted to subs. With zero high, I'm just addicted to the energy it'll give me.
I am not a dr so u must talk to your dr about getting a taper plan together. All I can recommend for you is to do yourself a favor and Do as much research as U can possible. Don't listen to other people there's no rite way to use subs. EVERY1's experience is different. Good luck to you. Plz keep in touch I'll be thinking about ya
Old 04-20-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by familyman239 View Post
If u just started subs. Plz u shouldn't have to take more than 6mgs even for x- H users.
For what it is worth, at one point I got on subs at 32 mg / day and I was still kicking VERY hard for the first couple days (maybe 75% of the intensity of cold turkey). If I had only taken 6 mg I would have gotten destroyed. A few months ago I took 16 mg, which only put a dent in the withdrawal. I ended up shooting dope over the subs later that day because I couldn't take it any more. With OC I found subs to be much more effective than with H. Methadone was really the only thing that was worth it for me as far as stopping the withdrawals. I used methadone for a short taper back in February (over 4 days) with a one time slip up with sub 7 days after the last dose of methadone.

I completely agree that there are several ways to detox successfully. Please let us know how your taper is going. There are a lot of folks that I know of on here that are on subs and they are planning to taper. Sharing your experience will be helpful I am sure.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi! I don't like to write about this too much. But I think sub is very toxic. I've been on it for a little over a year, and I have such horrible swelling in my feet and legs. My skin is completely dry and scaby on my legs and feet and I get a very bad toxic feeling. I didn't want to share too much gore on the forum, because I know lots of people are getting clean because of the sub. I mean it did help me to get out of active addiction. I am to the point where I want to get off it now, because of these side effects I've been having. Someone told me they thought it was the nalexone that's in it or something in the strips and not the bupe. That I don't know.

My appointment is Wednesday so I plan to ask my doctor about switching me to pills or to subutex. But I've heard doctors don't like to switch their patients. I'm just scared that he will say I need to get off completely. Do you think he would refuse to fill my script if I tell him about my swelling? I've never had a dirty UA and never shot up. I'm just scared to tell him, but it's becoming worse as time is going on.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have not experienced any of the symptoms that you describe. I would encourage you to talk with your doctor not only about this problem, but your suboxone use generally. It is pretty clear that you are not a fan of the medication and want to get off. Good luck
Old 04-24-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My body definitely gets the skin crawls, sweating, and clamminess. When I dropped from 6 to 4mg is when I started to feel it. It's just from the slow detox process. I don't have any experience with it as far as people who have been on it long term.

Clean, I would talk to your doctor about it and just be honest with him. He might have some good advice or another plan to put you on. Even if he decided to take you off he knows how long and how much you were taking. I doubt he would just throw you to the wolves It is scary though...none of us want feel those awful CT WD's!
Old 04-24-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes Avery that makes sense because those are WD symtoms.

I finally talked to my doctor about my swelling. He says its a pretty common complaint, but wants to see me tomorrow to rule out any other medical issue. I guess it's pretty common with heart disease! Please Dear God I do not have that problem! I do have a thyroid problem and am on synthroid for that....I've heard that sub could make my meds less effective....which could be a reason for the swelling. I am dropping hair left and right since being on the sub too. Anyone have that side affect? It's probably my thyroid. Anyway I will keep you posted.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I got stuck at 2 mgs. That far down for awhile I held it in my system. i got down below 2 and started to get dope sick. i took 0.135 mgs for 2weeks and jumped off. That was 7 months ago. it has been a hell of a ride.