Notices

My suboxone plan? Help? Opinions? Your experience?

Old 04-03-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My suboxone plan? Help? Opinions? Your experience?

I'm on day 8 of taking suboxone. I kind have put together a short term plan for my recovery. For the first week I was taking 2mg a day (just enough to not WD) and now for the next 3 weeks I'm going to take 1mg a day. I'll probably even cut it down to .5mg after that. Maybe even .25mg if I can. I plan to taper as long as I can so my WD will be minor. Luckily these strips make it easy to cut with scissors down to very small sizes.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this plan? Think it will help keep WD to the minimum?
Old 04-04-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have not tapered completely off of subs but i think you are on the right track. You might want to consider skipping days in the end to cut down the withdrawals even more. Good luck
Old 04-17-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Philsfan
I hope u get this message. PLZ READ THIS!!!
I've been on subs for years. Let me tell you, if I knew what I know now my life would be so different. U can be off Suboxone in less than a month with ZERO WITHDRAWELS. ALL U HAVE TO DO IS GOOGLE
----->("Robert325 Suboxone Taper")<-----
In a gist - If u r stable, then don't stay on same mg after 4-5 days. Basically every 4 to 5 days you taper ur subs down 25% that gives the half-life enough time to leave your body so you feel zero withdrawals. I'm telling you now DO YOUR RESEARCH. DONT Listen to other people suboxone affects everybody in different ways everybody is different. But 3years of research and I can tell you people swear by this taper and so far it's been working for me tremendously. I'm down to .50mg today for the 1st ever. Never thought that could happen. Ill get minor withdrawals at night, but able to shut them down mentally. Its not a struggle where it's the physical part. It's so far the most successful percentage of people that I know that Have gotten off it. It's is pretty much only through his taper. Plz do yourself, your family, your friends, and loved ones all a favor and go look up "Robert 325 taper"
I hope u get this message in time. U can do this. It'll b a breeze if ur still at 2mg. God bless. Hope to hear from ya
Old 04-18-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Familyman - I am not familiar with the method you are describing, but I am skeptical of anything that claims to lead to "zero" withdrawals. You even mention minor withdrawals later in the post. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer on this one, but there was always some level of pain for me when coming off opis. However, I didn't take subs long-term so maybe it is different.

Please let us know how it works out. There are a lot of folks tapering off of the subs, and I am sure they could use any additional information.