Notices

Short Term Suboxone

Old 02-26-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Short Term Suboxone

Hey I've posted on this site before so I won't go into my detailed story again but basically, I've been abusing pain meds for over 4 years and actually want to be done with it and get clean. I'm doing anywhere from 120mg-160mg of oxycodone every day. My question is, can I use suboxone for a few weeks and call it quits after that? I've read stories about people taking it for months and months and years and years and I have no interest in that. I just want to block the worst part of the physical withdrawals from the oxy. I then plan to move away to a completely different state and create a fresh start on life. Any advice/suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

CS
Old 02-26-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi again Chris - I recommend you get a Dr in on the discussions.
Do you plan to do that?

D
Old 02-26-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes I'll be seeing a doctor. I'll still only want to do it for a few weeks. Prolonged use of suboxone causes withdrawals and I have no interest in that. I've considered weaning down a bit before I make the jump to suboxone. My pain doctor wrote me a script for morphine and I'm considering using that as a way to "replace" the oxy while it leaves my system. This is a vicious cycle and I'm ready to be done with it. Living every day for a pill is no way to live.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Best of luck to you oxy was also my problem doing 420 mgs. a day . I have now been on subs for over 6 years and realize the only thing ,I have gained is another addiction .I wish you the best on finding a doctor who know how to work with subs and not push them .Stupid me for being so gullible . I am starting to wonder if these docs get perks for this Rx. Short term seems sensible . My situation is getting out of hand once again ! Back on the marry go round . Because of dosage of subs ,I am once again sick ,Also sick and tired of playing this Russian rule- et .
Old 02-28-2012, 06:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Plenty of inpatient detox facilities do just that (although it is more like a few days versus a few weeks). Why not just do that and be done with it (after speaking to a doctor of course)? I hope the move works for you - as they say wherever you go there you are. Meaning you still have the mental part of the addiction to contend with which for me was much more powerful than the physical one.