Notices

Day 2

Old 03-21-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

I've been hooked on opiates since August. I've tried to quit several times but quickly gave up. I can't seem to find a Suboxone Dr that takes insurance or is accepting new patients. My boyfriend really wanted to help and really must love me because he gave me his suboxone. He would skip days and cut his 8 mg strips in half for two weeks. Well Sunday was the last day of that. Tuesday I used (like an idiot) because I was so sick I couldn't work. I ended up vomiting for most of the night (which I deserved). I haven't done anything since and I'm on day 2. I didn't have energy AT ALL yesterday at work and I don't feel good now. I think I'll go in but if I end up getting sicker I'll go home. The emotional instability is pretty hard too. I'm worrying about everything (I'm anatural worryer but it feels ten fold). Anyone know how long this will last? Should I take time off from work? It's my last two weeks there so fortunately I don't have to worry about being fired. Anything I can do to help with some of these symptoms? I forgot to mention I went from taking 2/3 of an 8mg film to nothing.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No offense to anyone but I'm slightly annoyed. I didn't just post the most intimate private information about myself for everyone to look at but not offer advice or even say good luck.. I obviously feel like I need help or I wouldn't be on this forum. I'm not proud of my drug problem. I'm actually really very embarrassed about it. I'm serious about my recovery but I don't know how to go about it. I'm bipolar with a lot of problems and my support system is incredibly limited. Which is why I'm on here. I don't want to use anymore and I could use some advice from people who have been where I am now. Thank you in advance.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi EH

this is big website, and the sub forum is one of the quieter forums. It's also a weekend.
Please don't take lack of a reply personally.

I have no experience with opiate withdrawal or subs, but generally I think it's probably best to see a Dr rather than using someone elses prescription, especially if you're a natural worrier

Someone who knows their stuff will be able to help, and set your mind at rest as well?

D
Old 03-24-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Night owl

Hi EH! Welcome to SR! Dee is correct, this is a quieter forum and weekends are often very slow, too. I am crazy busy at the moment but will check back in and read your posts. Hang in there!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello EH21 I know exactly how you feel! I am in my 2nd day on kicking opioids. What helps with me with the WD's is DXM, Imodium, Multi vitamin, Water, and try to get up and move around no matter how hard it is. Sometimes a benzo can help but you would want to talk to your dr. also, these are addicting too so I wouldn't use more than you absolutely have to. Don't want to switch fro one to another... The Imodium is helpful for the stomach issues as well as some of the WD symptoms. You can Google search for appropriate dosage. Imodium is an opioid that doesn't get to your CNS so you do not get high off of it. However, since it is an opioid it does help you with some of the Wd's Good Luck to you!