Notices

Can my suboxone doctor prescribe me vyvanse??

Old 11-17-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Can my suboxone doctor prescribe me vyvanse??

I have been on suboxone now for almost two years. I am down to 1 8mg pill per day this is divided with 4mg taken in the morning and 4mg taken in the evening. My question is this... I have had severe adhd since childhood. My mother did not want to medicate me as a little one therefore I have been without treatment since birth. I didn't realize what my problem was in my teens therefore I self medicated with with pain pills mostly oxycontin. I have never abused or even liked stimulants. Since this was never part of my addiction or interest during my addiction. Is it possible for my suboxone doctor to treat my add with vyvanse as my regular doctor will not due to my being on suboxone?. And is this safe while being on suboxone? My family doctor doesn't think non stimulants such as strattera will work due to my extreme lack of energy. Please help....my family has suffered enough including my daughter, my mind goes every which way causing extreme frustration and anger. Any input would be helpful, THANX!
Old 11-18-2010, 05:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello, and welcome! Your suboxone doc can prescribe anything they choose. Most are hesitant to prescribe controlled drugs if they can avoid it, you just have to ask. Questions about your meds should always got to your doc.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Indeed you do need to talk to your doctor, but I hope that before you do that you do some soul-searching about your need for a central nervous system stimulant. It is so easy to transfer addictions. Were you diagnosed with ADHD? Have you had any blood work or a physical work up to rule out any physical causes for your low energy like vitamin deficiency or thyroid problem?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Definitely ask your Dr.

Only he or she knows what they will or won't do, or what may be the best med for you

D