Notices

Is it worth it?

Old 05-18-2009, 12:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is it worth it?

$250 dollars for the first visit and then $100 for each visit afterwards. I want so much to do this, but It's so much money. Is Suboxone worth it? Does it help as much as they say it does?
Old 05-22-2009, 09:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Give a little history and why you are considering it. That way people know how to respond. If you have been using for six month or ten years your DOC etc. Yes it does help a lot and can completely eliminate cravings or soften your landing. But different Dr. are going to give you a lot of different stories get some info here so you are armed with good info and questions before you go to the Dr.. Unless your appointment is today go.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hurrican3M0th View Post
$250 dollars for the first visit and then $100 for each visit afterwards. I want so much to do this, but It's so much money. Is Suboxone worth it? Does it help as much as they say it does?
I would say that it works well for those who say that it does and that it doesn't work well for those who say that it doesn't. Also, I have read that it eventually turns on those for whom, at one time, it may have worked.

Have you tried everything else to quit? My doctor (who must be a tad bit better than your doctor because, after the initial $250 induction visit, his fees are $150 month ) is of the opinion that noone addicted today should be required to go through the horrors of withdrawal to get off their opiate/opioid DOC (of course he never told me what those without the $250/$150 a month were supposed to do). I don't know, maybe he's right. This pathetic addict is in no position to make definitive statements. However, I can say that I believe that the Suboxone (which, as a partial agonist, is addictive) kept me both physically dependent and psychologically addicted -- AND without the option of EVER getting high from my DOC. Now, if that isn't a recipe for frustration, I don't know what is!

Although promised that it would eliminate cravings, I found that Suboxone merely curbed my cravings (and was mostly effective for this at the 12-14mg dosing). My levels of anxiety when tapering the Sub were not far from what I experienced when attempting to taper my DOC. I was miserable on Suboxone. (Need proof... read some of my blog. Most of it was written while ON Suboxone). I felt like an emotional train wreck half the time. The frustrating aspect of it all was that I had no idea whether or not my thinking, my spirituality, and my physical condition were so enmeshed in the Suboxone that I couldn't work an effective program of recovery. I would say that Suboxone wasn't a good match for me.

I have been off the Sub for a little over a week (a relapse to oxys that I found favorable to going back on the Suboxone). Soon, it will be time to be off the oxys and I have no desire to return to Sub. I've tried recovery with Sub which helped me to keep all the externals in place while quitting my DOC but I was still miserable. So, I'm hoping to quit my DOC with no safety net and let the chips fall where they may. It scares the hell out of me as I think about it and the time draws nearer. But, I don't want the nightmare of the Suboxone existence anymore.

This is only my personal experience and I don't even know what to recommend to another in light of having experienced it. My thinking is too sick to pretend to know what advice is good to give. I only know my own story and I share it with you for whatever it's worth.

All the best to you! I hope that you find what works for you.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Live it

For this addict, Suboxone has not only saved my life, but it has also saved me tens of thousands of dollars (street prices aren't cheap and the economy in the US sucks), the pain of knowing that I'm hurting those I love, countless brain cells and untold misery.

So, is it worth it to me?

Heck, YES!!!

I wouldn't take back my decision to undergo treatment for any reason under the sun. I began at 24 mgs in May 2008 and am now down to 4 mgs a year later with relatively little trouble. I have my life back; my career is flourishing; my boyfriend adores me; my family has forgiven for me and is once again proud of me; I have a wonderful support group in Narcotics Anonymous (many of whom have recently come out about either undergoing Suboxone treatment or considering undergoing Suboxone treatment) and a LIFE WORTH LIVING!

I plan to be completely drug-free within the next six months. However long it takes. I'm in no rush. Life is too good to spend it worrying!

The obsession to use was lifted immediately after my first dose and has only come back intermittently. Overall, it hasn't caused me to use or to stop my gradual taper schedule. I haven't used opiates since before I began treatment.

I feel grateful for my life today and I realize that I am one of the lucky ones.

Love,
SugarScars
Old 05-23-2009, 11:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Talking SUBoXoNe GooD FIRE bad!

HELLO MY FRIEND IM GONNA GET TO THE POINT! I ABUSED OXYCONTIN FOR YEARS AND ABOUT A YEAR AGO I RESORTED TO INJECTING THEM THATS WHEN I FLEW OFF THE DEEP END TO THE ABYSS.............I WAS NOW A JUNKIE!! AT LEAST TWICE A MONTH I FOUGHT HORRID "DOPE SICKNESS" AND WHEN I WOULD RUN OUT OF MY SCRIPT..... THE MONEY I SPENT WAS INSANE ON THE STREET FOR PILLS! I MUST SAY SUBOXONE HAS SAVED MY LIFE!~ IT HAS MAN! TO PUT A $ VALUE ON THAT WOULD BE INSANE! I HAVE A PRIVATE DOCTOR WHO I SEE ONCE A MONTH! I GET MY SUBOXONE IN A SCRIPT! I GET 66 8MG EVERY MONTH! I PAY $200 A MONTH FOR THE VISIT! AND ALOT MORE ON THE SCRIPT ITSELF! THE SUBOXONE IS $6 A PILL HERE IN FLORIDA! THATS INSANE! BUT BELIVE IT OR NOT IN THE LONG RUN IT HAS SAVED ME THOUSENDS......SAD BUT TRUE

MY ADVICE WOULD BE FIND A DOCTOR WHO CAN PRESCRIBE IT! NOT ALL DOCTORS CAN! THEN GO FROM THERE! IF I COULD DO IT I KNOW YOU CAN!!! I HAVE A THREAD WITH MY PROGRESS ITS CALLED "MRPHREEZS RECOVERY PROGRESS" I TRACKED MY SUBOXONE PROCESS DAILY AND MANY PEOPLE FROM THIS SITE HELPED ME! YOUR IN THE RIGHT PLACE! NOW JUST COME BACK AND STAY A WHILE!

SUBOXONE=
FIRE=BAD

:rotfxko
:rotfxko

TONY
AKA:MRPHREEZ

Last edited by MRPHREEZ; 05-23-2009 at 11:35 AM.