Notices

Day 4

Old 05-29-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

Day 4 here! The last 3 were pretty much one big state of fog and anxiety, and the sleep wasn't great, but felt like better quality then when I was laying down plastered... in the process of moving so I think the keeping busy has kept me away from the craving for a drink.

Although I had some friends come
Over to help me with some carpentry projects and they were all drinking beer.... I looked at them like a tiger watching a gazelle on an African plain..

Hope everyone's memeorial day weekend is going well, the battle continues.

-Will
Old 05-29-2017, 04:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

LOL, excellent analogy! At least you didn't drink!! That's amazing! You really should be over the worst of it by now...the brain doesn't catch up as quickly but the other physical symptoms should be gone. Sleep is hit or miss. Sometimes I still can't sleep well. Other times like a baby. It's soo go to bed tired tho, as opposed to passed out, as you said.
Good job!
J
Old 05-29-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on day 4! Glad to hear you are getting some sleep, and I agree that even a few hours of "sober sleep" is much better than whole night passed out drunk.

Hope the rest of your move goes well and stick with SR if you need us.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jules714 View Post
LOL, excellent analogy! At least you didn't drink!! That's amazing! You really should be over the worst of it by now...the brain doesn't catch up as quickly but the other physical symptoms should be gone. Sleep is hit or miss. Sometimes I still can't sleep well. Other times like a baby. It's soo go to bed tired tho, as opposed to passed out, as you said.
Good job!
J
Nope! I didn't, and it took every ounce of will power not to lol. I finished a fish tank bar (ironic right), a ship hatch coffee table and side table yesterday.. that and soundgarden radio kept my mind off of things...

Today in my sleepless stupor I will be grinding and epoxying my garage.. my hands are t shaking so much any more so I can actually paint lol.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Congrats on day 4! Glad to hear you are getting some sleep, and I agree that even a few hours of "sober sleep" is much better than whole night passed out drunk.

Hope the rest of your move goes well and stick with SR if you need us.
Hey Scott! You're not kidding! My 4 hours of sober sleep has me feeling much better than 10 hours of recovery/withdrawal sleep. Thank you so much for your support! How has your holiday weekend been?
Old 05-29-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm exhausted thinking of this! You'll sleep like a champ tonight!! Stay hydrated and ventilated! God help your future children; you'll have them digging the hole for the pool like my Dad did. We asked for allowance and he said "I allow you Rugrats to live!"
Have a good one,
J
Old 05-29-2017, 04:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jules714 View Post
I'm exhausted thinking of this! You'll sleep like a champ tonight!! Stay hydrated and ventilated! God help your future children; you'll have them digging the hole for the pool like my Dad did. We asked for allowance and he said "I allow you Rugrats to live!"
Have a good one,
J
7 hours later it's finished! Fairly certain I lost some brain cells from the heat exhaustion and epoxy fumes lol. My father was the same exact way lol. How was your Memorial Day?
Old 05-30-2017, 02:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 5

Day 5 here... slept awful again last night, mental fog is starting to lift more but the anxiety is still pretty intense and lingering.. it's funny, the quality of even my conversations are getting better, seem more interested In holding them rather than just going through the motions for the sake of feeling normal.

I hope everyone had a fantastic Memorial Day weekend
Old 05-30-2017, 02:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

GM.
Hopefully it gets better as the day goes on!
Pretty cool about the conversations...have a good day.
J
Old 05-30-2017, 05:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Old 06-03-2017, 12:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's hard at first, especially when friends who don't get what you're doing yet, come over with beer.
It happened at my house last summer. Friends came over to BBQ, and I causally dumped a beer I was handed over the side of the deck and kept talking like nothing happened. There it was, an empty beer glass and an orange slice in the lawn below the deck. After I did that, my dingbat friends got the message that I was serious about this and that I was a hardass about sobriety.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

How's it going will?