Notices

Desperately and urgently in need of SR support!

Old 10-23-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I would suggest arming yourself with the same resolve that got you 2 FULL years of sobriety before. You can definately do that again.

This time youre going to have to add a layer of armour to protect yourself beyond 2 years.

My longest stint sober was 15 months, and like you I let my guard down. Tried to moderate, failed miserably.
I picked myself up and got back at it. I will be celebrating 1 year soon. I am extra cautious to take my sobriety seriously this time and I am internally excited to reach 15 months +1 day
Old 10-23-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome Mia! I was where you are only 21 days ago. Woke up (luckily safely at home) embarrassed, shameful, hungover, no memory. Tried so many times to just be a "normal drinker." Tried countless times to quit...
We can do this! This site has helped me the last 3 weeks as well as lots of cherry coke, hot tea, coffee, candy, bubble gum, reading, sleeping, tv ..... whatever works for now, and I'll get back to healthy eating and running lots of miles soon enough.
Good luck to you! We can do it!
Old 10-24-2016, 03:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Mia, this is the 3rd time this year you've used that word "urgent' in your thread titles- 5 of the 6 after a drunk and the 1 premeditating one( talking about moderate drinking with one of your replies,
"Couple hours ago I was telling my friend living abroad to come here so that we can drink. I was that confident . Now reality is hitting me. It has to hit me actually"
welp, the reality is,imo, youre an alcoholic in denial about being an alcoholic and you haven't surrendered to the fact that youre an alcoholic .
to win the war, ya gotta surrender.
I truly hope you get your arse into action with a recovery program.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Mia, I think we've talked about this before. You know you should not be drinking. That one time about a year ago was almost fatal. Please do whatever is necessary to stop. PM if you'd like.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:13 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
Mia, this is the 3rd time this year you've used that word "urgent' in your thread titles- 5 of the 6 after a drunk and the 1 premeditating one( talking about moderate drinking with one of your replies,
"Couple hours ago I was telling my friend living abroad to come here so that we can drink. I was that confident . Now reality is hitting me. It has to hit me actually"
welp, the reality is,imo, youre an alcoholic in denial about being an alcoholic and you haven't surrendered to the fact that youre an alcoholic .
to win the war, ya gotta surrender.
I truly hope you get your arse into action with a recovery program.
Dear Tom,
You are right. I seriously did quit this time. In the previous messages I was asking for help but not had the will. Or wasnt determined. Now I am done. October 24, 2016. I am done with alcohol.
Thanks for being here with me!
Old 10-24-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Mia, I think we've talked about this before. You know you should not be drinking. That one time about a year ago was almost fatal. Please do whatever is necessary to stop. PM if you'd like.
I did Finally. And I am really feeling confident about that. Thank you so much.