Notices

hey guys

Old 07-25-2016, 05:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hey guys

I've posted here before about being suicidal and depressed, and I'm about to go get help for that . I just wanted to post here because i feel very alone. Yesterday my dad was in the ER because of his COPD and lungs that are in very bad condition from smoking. I was in the hospital with my family waiting to see my dad and i had an argument with my sisters trying to justify my drinking. So i walked away from the hospital in anger and crying and went somewhere to a beach near my home to drink and be alone. I also tried to kill myself ,i went up an apartment block and stood at the edge just waiting to jump off. Thats the very last thing i remember, i don't know why i am not dead. Even death doesn't want me LMAO, or maybe i was just too ***** to jump off . But anyway, i just wanted to ask, have any of you felt like this when you were my age (18) , i constantly feel very lonely , even when I'm around my best friends or family. I'm no longer interested in anything.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

I had that no one gets me feeling many times. I guess all the folks in my social group where just all in a diff place then I was. No one got me and some where just tired of me. That played out off and on for years till I was tired of me too even.

I guess i got nervous too because i was loosing people to talk too also.

When i quit drinking for other reasons (panic attacks) i was still pretty alone for a while no one understood it. It was nt until i posted here and found others like me that i started to realize I was not alone.

Various other issues I have theres forums on the net with ions of people with the same stories same problems etc.. I realized I was no alone and iw as not some freak show because i had some issues etc... it was comforting.

Stopping the drinking will be a pretty good first step you'd be surprised how many other things will start to fall in line simply because you put the plug in the jug. Then as you can you can address the toehr various issues 1 by 1 etc...

hang in there and dont go jumping off a building besides you cant fly anyhow it woudlnt be any fun!
Old 07-25-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I've not felt the urge to actually kill myself, but I have felt lonely and depressed because of my drinking.

You need to seek help immediately though corse, actually attempting suicide is about a major of a life emergency as there is. And drinking won't ever help anything so please go to the ER or call the police/suicide hotline immediately. You will be able to figure this out and there is help availble, but right now you are a danger to yourself and potentially others around you.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What type of help are you going to get and when? You pass off trying to kill yourself like it's a normal occurrence. I can assure you it's not. You don't have to live this way.

IMHO you need professional help ASAP, like yesterday.

I'm very concerned you'll continue drinking and may succeed next time. An online support group can only do so much. Please call for help now!
Old 07-25-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you spoken to Samaritans a long time ago they helped me

Samaritans USA
Old 07-25-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Seek the help you need, please.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dox
paradox

I was there at 18.
I tried to starve myself to death.
Nearly succeeded, but was found by my mother and sent to a psychiatric ward.
I was a danger to myself.
Sounds like you may be in that state of mind.

To cut a long story short:
I am now 59 and sober.
Most days, I am happy.
Some days I still get depressed,
But, I know it will pass.
It always does.

I thought the booze was helping me cope.
Turns out it was making things worse.
Do you understand that yet?

Life without the alcohol is definitely worth living for me now.

I hope that you are able to choose life.

You are worthy.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Corse

I'm going to post this link again. Please - read it, maybe call a number or two.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-read.html

I agree with others - this is not something to brush away. When I was suicidal many years ago I felt like life would always be this way and so would I. I was wrong.

There is help and there is healing

Please get some help.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Corse I agree with the others, please call the suicide hotline (if you are in the US 1-800-273-8255) or 911 or go to an emergency room.
I can tell you from my experience alcohol makes these feelings worse, please don't drink and call for help or go to an ER.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Taylor

Corse, please call the suicide hotline above. You don't need to suffer alone through this and there is only so much an online forum can do. We don't know any of the resources available to you in your area, or where to best direct you to hands on assistance for more long term treatment. The severity of how you feel may change from moment to moment, but the longer you go without help you are taking a big risk. Please follow through with some real treatment.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How are you doing, Corse?
Old 07-30-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thanks for the reply guys. i went crazy last night and tried to kill myself again , i hit my head against the wall repeatedly and now my head is all bruised . But anyway , my sister is going to bring me to a therapist . If i told the therapist all this , would she sent me to psych ? what kind of help do i get there? do i really need to go to psych if i feel this way all the time? thanks guys
Old 07-30-2016, 09:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

It spends on each individual case Corse - I think you'd always have the final say about what happens tho

If you're repeatedly drinking and then trying to do yourself harm, though, maybe some inpatient time might help? :dujnno:

D
Old 07-31-2016, 11:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey guys, just wanted to let yourll know that i went to a doctor yesterday and I'm being sent to rehab tmr .
Old 08-01-2016, 01:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That's great news Corse. Listen out for the similarities and not the differences, and remember that people's outsides (especially at the end of their drinking) rarely look the same as their insides, so comparisons are futile. Even if you are the only suicidal teen in there, doesn't mean that the way you think and feel in other ways isn't the same as the others you will meet.

Wishing you all the best for your recovery.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think rehab will be a great move, Corse. Good luck

D
Old 08-01-2016, 02:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Do your best

That is a life changing excellent move Corse happy for you
Old 08-01-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Corse View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to let yourll know that i went to a doctor yesterday and I'm being sent to rehab tmr .
That's great news Corse. Be well and try to keep an open mind, there are a lot of things you can learn there to help you move forward in a healthy way.