Notices

I am an addict

Old 06-28-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I am an addict

I have been smoking weed and drinking alcohol since I was 15 years old. I am now 29 and my life is in chaos and I am sure that weed and alcohol are the main culprits in contributing to this desperate life that I am living. I have battled with alcoholism for years and no matter how long i stay clean I relapse. When I drink I will drink away all the money that I have. That is when I will be forced to walk home with a plaque of shame around my neck. I will then stay in the house for a week nursing my hangover and during this time I shall excessively smoke weed. After I have regained a bit of motivation after my alcoholic binge, I will return to my normal routine albeit smoking weed on a daily basis. I am a young entrepreneur in the field of Network Engineering and technology in the developing regions of Africa. I have been blessed to travel abroad to Europe to study and experience a different way of life. All my abilities as a child growing up have been squelched by weed and alcohol. I cannot effectively run my business and make it perform as it should. At this time as I have made my decision to quit today, I have been smoking weed on a daily basis preferably morning to evening. I have been doing this non stop for the last month and I have also failed to fully fulfill my roles in my business. I have given my business partners so many excuses of why I keep failing to achieve, but I have been unable to explain that I have been overcome by weed and alcohol. I was brought up a christian and I believe and have faith in God. I know the only one who can save me from this dilemma is Jesus Christ. I shall use prayer as my primary weapon. The bible says Keep asking and it will be given unto you. I shall keep asking God and Jesus Christ on a daily basis day in day out every second of the day for his will to be done in my life. For God's will is always good and he always complete the good works he begins in me. AMEN. I admit that I have lied and cheated to be able to get money out of the business, that would have been put to better use in the company for weed and alcohol. I have spent money that I would have used to give my family a much more comfortable life on weed and alcohol. I know that I shall only do right my my family and partners only when God's will is done in my life and when I kick these disgusting habits and change. I regret the wasted time, resources and part of my life that weed and alcohol has robbed me.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome. I'm glad you found us, keep updating and good luck on achieving your goals.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am glad you made the decision to quit! You are young ....I hope you have a happy healthy life and beat this now.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Welcome to SR, JCfmfree!

Realizing there's a problem is a huge first step, but in my case, it took me some work to be able to stop and stay stopped without being miserable.

I used prayer a lot also when I wanted to stop drinking, but not much happened until I took some action. In AA I heard, "faith without works is dead".

I eventually had to become willing to do things, to make changes in my life, and for me that included going back to AA meetings and practicing the 12 steps again and finding other ways to relieve stress and/or entertain myself.

Once I started actively doing these things, the prayer seemed to work to give me the strength to continue to do all that stuff I had been reluctant to do. Today I use prayer to help me stay on track and to expand my relationship with my Higher Power.

Stick with us and you'll get lots of information and support here!
Old 06-28-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome JCfmfree

Young or old, I don't believe it's ever too late to turn things around. You'll find a lot of support and good ideas here
Old 06-28-2016, 06:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I thank you all for your encouragement. It has already boosted my morale.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Nice to meet you
Old 06-29-2016, 01:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Jesus also said that if you dig yourself in this very pit, it's up to you to take yourself out. You've been addicted for a long time, you've got a big battle ahead of you, but do the unthinkable and conquer it in one go without relapse.