Notices

Looking for advice

Old 02-06-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks sober wolf the effort and time u put into this forum has helped me and I am sure many many others immensely. U deserve a huge thanks
Old 02-07-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you GS but its a team effort one were all in together you help me also for which I am grateful
Old 02-08-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you for saying that but the tireless effort of you, dee and many others here have helped so many, it is very very likely you have saved lives. I know your posts, especially early on when I was at my lowest, made me feel like someone cared, like someone was listening, even if it is just a few words in response to a post. Your truly deserve thanks. So THANKS!
Old 02-08-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad to hear things are better GS - thanks for the kind words

D
Old 02-08-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It's the little things that I am so grateful for, today I was on the train into work and realized I didn't have to go to the bathroom to get high or hold out for another half hour to get high at work so I had "enough for the rest of the day" or when I am at work knowing I am not sneaking to the bathroom every few hours. Last night my wife and I were talking about going to Philadelphia next weekend and just knowing I could say yes let's do it without having to make some excuse to make sure I would have enough pills to make it through the weekend away before saying yes, that is freedom I haven't known in ten years and that is what I am thankful for and for those here that helped make that possible, and I know only people here or places like this truly understand what that can mean. I was getting on the train today and it was one of the first days where I haven't had any real physical withdrawal and I can't describe how amazing that feels. Thanks to all those here that listen, understand and empathize without judgement, this is a truly great place.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Congrats GS!!!!
Old 02-08-2016, 11:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I am trying to get everything I can out here so I know I am being honest and I know when I read this later everything is out here in its ugliness and truth. This post is mostly for me and for me to read when I have doubts about my course but please bear with me. My lowest moment. My real rock bottom was last summer at a music festival. Camping for 3 days, I lost my stash the first day and i spent 2 days going back and forth between my tent and the portable toilets while not making it "all the way" their 3 times and throwing out 3 pairs of pants because I didn't make it. That was bad enough but the 3 days lying in my tent going back and forth between sweating and freezing almost wanting to die but not being able to say a word to anyone about why I was as sick as I was because of my pride before finally being taken to the medical tent by my wife (the EMTs showed up at my tent after she got them) because she thought something was seriously wrong with me, I got an IV drip some IV nausea medication and finally packed up and went home, and again crapped my pants about half an hour from home (about 4 hour ride), that was my low point but what did I do. I had my dealer meet me at my house when I got home. Addiction is one crazy thing, there is no rational way to explain it and I am embarrassed to admit what I did. But I did, I hope and pray for the strength to never go back to that place and what I have been through has strengthened my resolve but I know if I write this for me to read later, if it helps anyone else that is awesome but the depths of addiction are something that defy reason. I write this with a tear and a smile. I firmly believe I will never use again but admitting where I have been and what I have done I hope may help me some day from making that call because I "think I can handle it" just once.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I need some strength, I seriously need a root canal I have been putting off for months because of course I never had any money. Now I have a throbbing pain in my jaw that is one of the worst pains I have ever experienced. Briefly considered getting some opiates today but didn't, took some Tylenol. Probably not sleeping tonight. Hoping a dentist can help me tomorrow. Wish me luck.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:17 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing you all the luck in the world GS
Old 02-11-2016, 02:34 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've found root canals infinitely less painful than a bad tooth - you shouldn't need anything stronger than a tylenol after either, if my experience is any guide

Good luck GS

D
Old 02-11-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I had root canals before opiates and while on them. Oddly enough they hurt more when I took painkillers....like the horrible reality of having messed up my pain receptors hit home.

I'd call and see if antibiotics are a options asap. Nothing worse than tooth pain.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Luckily got an appointment for a route canal today. Can't wait for the pain to go away, definetely not taking any opiates.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:13 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

A uprisingnly no pain during route canal, novacaine still hasn't worn off though so we shall see what happens in a few hours. I had an infection so he did part today and I have to go back in 2 weeks to finish, he asked me if I wanted Vicodin for the pain since he said next few days would be painful. Saying no I would stick with Advil was an almost alien experience haha. Couldn't imagine saying no to that offer since the fresh prince of bell air was making new episodes haha.
Old 02-13-2016, 04:43 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

Oddly enough advil actually works for pain. I've been through some painful extractions since getting clean and lived. - Of course, your head will tell you that you need to use in order to feel better. IME, this will not be limited to physical pain, but to emotional pain as well. - You can get through that as well.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

GS thinking about you. Hope you got thru okay? Idk what it is about recovery and problems with teeth, but the exact same problem happened to me! As soon as I went in recovery I had tooth aches to deal with. I've read several threads with this same issue! I guess our large opiate usage masked these problems? As I sit and write this, my husband (no addiction issues) is in huge pain with an absesed tooth. Good luck getting thru your root canal! The responses above are what I experienced too. That we really can get thru without strong narcotics. When the dentist does it right, it rarely hurts afterward. Just slightly tender, but no real pain. That has been my experience anyway. Sending you gobs and gobs of pain free comfy thoughts Dear GS!
Old 02-13-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks Ivan and cleaninli, route canal wasn't so bad actually, well I should say first part, I had an infection so he did part of it and I have to go back in two weeks to finish, after novacaine wore off Advil did the trick for first day, I don't need it today. I have known I needed a route canal on this tooth for a year, the endontist even had my X-rays from a year ago and asked why I never came back. Of course it was because I spent all my money on pills and the few times it really hurt, you guessed it, just took some more pills. So thankful to be off them.