Notices

24 Hour No Nicotine/No Smoking Club - Part 10

Old 02-03-2016, 09:56 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Good work newbies! And olbies! My internet was down for a couple days and I was stuck holding my phone up in the air lying in bed waiting minutes for pages to load on SR. Kinda funny if not so frustrating. Back up for now! Keep it up guys and gals:-)
24 ding dong dizzown
Old 02-03-2016, 09:58 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Smile

Hi Odelle,
We do have fun here, you've got to have a laugh. I had a doctor's appt. today and travelled for over two hours in the rain only to find that the receptionist had booked me to see an endochronologist rather than my usual psych doctor. I had to return home and was really pissed off and frustrated. You will be proud of me Odelle as I am too, in that I didn't have a cigarette! Saw a few bumpers on the footpath but I walked on by......haha. Am really glad I didn't cave and now that I'm home am really glad I got through big stress without lighting up. I figured that by picking up I would only be hurting myself for the incompetence of the receptionist. Going to make myself a cup of tea and try to relax. Thanks for being there Odelle, and I love mucking around with you guys too. I'll be one week tomorrow. Yay!
Old 02-03-2016, 10:24 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Hey Lorax,
I was wondering where the regulars had gone, glad you're re-connected now. :-)
Old 02-03-2016, 10:43 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Letitgo, your F button analogy has definitely struck a chord. With everyone here. It's so true.

The amount of times I've felt resolute about not partaking in this disgusting habit only to press F at the first possible opportunity.

If we were to have an alternative button to press every time our AV or our cravings appeared, what letter should we give it?

Would it be L, the life button maybe?

Thoughts and suggestions everyone?
Old 02-03-2016, 10:52 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Odelle,

How's the dog walking going? I bet your hound is over the moon with your decision to quit.

Pardon me for asking though, ahem, how so the exact distance of 3.6 miles?
Not three and a half miles, not just under four miles......an exact 3.6 miles.

Impressively accurate in every way. Will you do my tax returns?

California sounds glorious. I now have this as an ear worm which is fine because I love it!

http://youtu.be/Lm39YkGrHp8

Last edited by tufty13; 02-03-2016 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Not telling
Old 02-03-2016, 11:09 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Well done Steely, you're doing amazingly,

No more of this for you:

http://youtu.be/iENrZwHyT6Y

I walked past the tobacco counter last night of Asda (the UK version of Walmart) and didn't stop to purchase. Wow, I felt so good, utterly empowering.

I'm getting so many benefits from refraining, yes there's the obvious ones but the improvement in my self esteem is palpable.
I no longer have the thoughts of self loathing, AND I have the positive feelings of victory over this addiction.

I've got to keep this up, I'm so much happier. If the cravings get too bad I'm going to lock myself away. I hear there's the prospect of a vacancy in the Equadorian embassy in London. Groovy.

24 more for me please everyone.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Hi Tufty, the dog walking is going well, I’m just about to head out the door. I track my steps and distance via my iPhone. I strap it to my arm and listen to music as I walk the dog; she’s not much on conversation. So, that’s my science in tracking my distance!

I’ll have to think about the alternate button, but “L” sounds good!

Isn’t it great to see the number of days accumulate? For me, it’s even more rewarding than the non-drinking day count. A sense of pride and accomplishment with each and every passing day!

Day 10 today, yay double digits! 24 more hours for me, please!!!
Old 02-04-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

24 more.
I am in LA for work. 84 on Monday. Unbelievable. In Chicago i am sure its freezing.
24 more.
Say no to bumpers lol
Old 02-04-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post
24 more.
I am in LA for work. 84 on Monday
Woa, that's unbelievable. I'm hoping to retire at 55.

Many happy returns for Monday Letitgo.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

84 degress Fahrenheit the weather i meant lol.
i am 32 years old.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

I'm in my 60's was a revolutionary in the 60's and the music of the 60's. Oh yeah, and the drugs. I am a Baby Boomer. Hey, Tufty Roll on BY the bumper baby, ain't a gunna roll no dregs no more! Yay! Thanks legitgo, no more bumpers for me. I've given this a lot of thought and think L for lung would be a killer lol . The Lung Button, it has a certain ring don't you think? Press the L U N G Button. Feel so good about not smoking and the sense of empowerment keeps me powering. Maybe Julian Assange fled to the Embassy to give up smokes but was too embarrassed to admit. He'd have a 3 good years up by now. I have been a
non-smoker for a week today and thank you fellas' so much. Hi Lorax.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Good morning fellow non-smokers. Day 11 (250 hours!) and no regrets! I noticed this morning that the slightly wheezy/rattily sound on inhale is gone, yay!

Since we are getting warm weather this weekend, it's time to wash the dog! The last time I washed her I took her into the shower; the next day I was fishing hair out of the drain pipe.

I started my part-time job at an office supply store yesterday, which should keep me busy until I can find a full-time position. I am grateful for the opportunity to get out of the house and out of my head, and happy that it isn't demanding which lets me continue to focus on recovery.

Wishing everyone a happy Friday with lots of fresh air this weekend, and hangover free mornings!
Old 02-05-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Smile

Good morning Odelle,
Congratulations on Day 11. I was one week yesterday and the better for it. It is getting slightly easier. My fuse is a bit shorter than usual, but understand that as par for the course. Good about you getting that part-time job, I'd like something similar just to get me out of my head. The money would be good too. We're hanging in Odelle lets keep it that way. My wheezy thing has gone too. It's gross, hey?
Old 02-05-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Hi Steely,

From what I've read, the 1st week is supposed to be the most difficult, and it gets easier after one month, so we're through the worst of it, we just have to deal with the AV and breaking the everyday triggers. Fortunately, I didn't smoke in my car or in my house, so that makes it a little easier I guess.

Try applying for part-time work, even if it is outside of what your career was; it's a win-win for you and the employer.

Cravings for me seem to be on the increase the past few days, but I will not cave in; smoking is something I never want to be associated with again.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Thanks Odelle,
You triggered something in me that said yes, I could get a part-time job now that I'm sober irrespective of my age. I used work in social welfare and completely burned out in the end. Just a little bit of office work would suit me fine and I do have a lot of skills, I just don't recognise them in myself and something I want to change. You've inspired me. I'm going to start looking. So, over the first week and still batting, it seems like an impossible dream may well have come true. Thanks for being there Odelle.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

((((((Tufty))))))

I hope you are okay, just busy with all the extra energy you have now?
Old 02-06-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Another 24 hours for me, please. Day 12, bring it on!

and.....30 days sober!

Life is good!
Old 02-06-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Great job everone! 24 more
I recommend downloading the Calm app. Its free. They have some demonstration meditataion. Its a new experience when you feel your breathing through your diaphragm. Acting paying attention to it. I urge you to try it. The sessions are only 10 minutes.

Some tips on riding the way.

Riding the Wave: How to Manage Your Cravings
Old 02-06-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Smile

Day 9 for me, and where is (((Tufty)))? I'm not finding it easy but this time around I really can't relapse (no jinx) then back to the same old cycle. Feeling like crap in the morning and wasting money only to destroy my health. WOT!? Tobacco companies, blah. No looking back, I know what it looks like. My alabaster skin is glowing and my eyes sparkle like diamonds. So fresh. haha. It is much better being a non-smoker just got to persist. Thanks legitgo for relaxation link as am finding it hard to relax.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Hi Steely,

I’m on day 12 and have been having increased cravings lately too, not intense, but more frequent. So I caved…I broke my no sugar diet today and bought a pint of B&J Phish Food ice cream and I am going to enjoy every last bite!

Thank you for the tips Letitgo, I’ll look for the app once my fingers thaw out!

Tufty, I know I can find you in the November thread, time to check in!