Notices

Keep Coming Back

Old 08-06-2004, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Keep Coming Back

"Hi my name is Jessica, and I am an Addict"
Hello all! I have been in recovery for a little over 5 months. I would have celebrated that clean date on the second of this month, but one day shy my disease hit me and hit me hard. I relapsed. I, being the creature of habit I am, went to my regular home group last night. Knowing that no one had known I had relapsed, not even my sposer, my disease started playing games agian. I told myself that i wouldn't say anything about my relapse and would pick up the surrender key tag again. Then I went to my group and since my month of being chair was over I just read "Who is an Addict" and kept my mouth shut. The chairperson was picking up 12 years and decided to make the topic "Relapse and Honesty." He then picked someone to talk, and eventually it came around to me. Sitting next to the man I had come so close to and care for so much I didn't say anything. I just started sweating. I said that I didn't have anything to say and passed it on to someone else. Then it came to the close of the meeting and we were recognizing clean time. My heart felt like it stoped and when they said "24 hours or the desire to stop using" I slid my chair back and walked up. The whole room got quiet and all you could hear were my tears falling down my face. I had never realized how much that the people in the fellowship cared for one anther till last night. When I picked up that tag I got a hug from everyone in that room. They all said "Keep coming back." I never really felt like I belonged anywhere, until last night. When we closed, we all stood around like usual and I actually felt like I belonged. This fellowship is something that I haven't found anywhere else. I have searched and searched for friends that felt like family and I have finally found it here in NA. I will keep in the mind frame of "Just For Today" and "Keep Coming Back" to where I have finaly found a family that loves and cares for me, without knowing my last name. That is all I have, and thanks for letting me share my "experience strength and hope."

Your friend in fellowship,
Jess
Old 08-06-2004, 02:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Welcome to SoberRecovery Jessica.
My name's Dan, and I am most definitely an addict.
And a grateful one at that, to have finally found recovery after many years of destructive behaviors.
So glad you're here
Old 08-06-2004, 02:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Jessica... and welcome to SR.
So glad you have decided to get right back in the saddle and that you faced your demon and admitted that it got the better of you.
5 Months is a long time and you should be proud of what you have accomplished and know that you will accomplish that and more.
My name is Kel and i am one big alcoholic that is grateful to be sober today.
Looking forward to getting to know you...
Old 08-06-2004, 04:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

We're glad your here!
Old 08-09-2004, 09:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

undefinedThanks everyone. I needed support and I have always been able to find it in NA and AA. I am here to stay, just one day at a time.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sam082602

keep praying your butt off

Old 04-18-2007, 07:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Question Where...

Originally Posted by jessicajo8504 View Post
undefinedThanks everyone. I needed support and I have always been able to find it in NA and AA. I am here to stay, just one day at a time.

I was wondering if you could tell me where to go or who to call to get in NA meetings in Vincennes, IN.

Thanks,
dez
Old 04-18-2007, 07:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Smile Hi...

My name is Kim and I am an addict. I am looking for help and was wondering if anyone had any ideas.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Hi my name is Martin and I am an alcoholic.

Jessica I will be picking up my 7 month chip tonight, but I have to let you know that you picking up that tag far surpasses my 7 months!

You brought a tear to this old drunks eye, honesty will get you through this hon!! Honesty is what finally allowed this drunk after 40 years of drinking to get sober via AA, your honesty has helped many others stay or get straight/sober.

Thanks Jessica.

Kim grab your phone book and look up AA, give them a call and I am sure they can hook you up with a number at least for NA.

If they do not have a lot of NA meetings in your area like they don't in my area, many folks in NA attend AA meetings as well as NA meetings, some tell me they prefer NA and others say they prefer AA, but they all say that they get great support and help from AA meetings.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey dez, feel free to start your own thread and introduce yourself. nice to meet you, k