Notices

Withdraws ...

Old 08-31-2013, 12:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdraws ...

I'm a little over 5 months sober and off and on I have been going through withdraws all over again.

Talked to my sponsor and my doc. They both said that the withdraws, even months after is normal for alcoholics. PAWS (Post Acute Withdraw Syndrome), as it has been explained.

However, now ... I am also dealing with my caffeine withdraws as well. I'm not trying to cut caffeine completely, I substituted my caffeine for my drink. For the past 2 days as I've been at work, I have been having severe withdraws from my coffee, monsters, etc just within hours of not having any caffine.

I was just sitting here behind my desk at work, had the most painful headache and just ran to the restroom and puked.

Any advice on kicking the caffeine withdraw without triggering going back to drinking?
Old 08-31-2013, 12:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no advice with caffeine, other that do you think maybe you're trying to go too hard too soon? I did that with sugar...completely cut it out one day - I got sick.

but...this is a great link on PAWs

PAWS | Digital Dharma

D
Old 08-31-2013, 02:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm not cutting caffeine out completely. Its just when i'm at work, I still have my patrols to do, things to get done and I work thirds. So I cant always have it. I drink coffee may be a couple hours at a time, stop do what I need to do and within the time I do not have caffeine it is horrible.
I dont get it.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since March 21, 2013

Congratulations at over 5 months, endstage!

I'm at 162 days and have experienced some of the same symptoms, though not bad enough to go to the Dr., or consider going back to drinking. I drink a lot of tea. It has some caffeine, but not as much as coffee.

Dee - That is the best link about PAWS I have seen! I copid the link for future refeence.