Notices

close call

Old 07-30-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

close call

This afternoon I almost lost it, for no real reason. My AV was alive and well and was telling me that I needed a break, needed to have some fun. It was telling me that my life is so dull and boring and sobriety was making it even more boring. It was telling me that I should drink and have at least a couple of hours of fun. Geeze. ...so I went to the store and got all the ingredients and made a spinach pie from scratch. It's in the oven and will be wonderful. I love to cook, and I completely enjoyed the activity. (That's another problem though, I've gained weight). Anyway, the craving passed and my AV shut up. Thank goodness I won't have a hangover tomorrow. But it's so scary. ...who knows if I'll be strong enough to resist next time. I'll have 6 months next week-amazing to me. I need to get more fun in my life. Things to look forward to. Nothing changes if we don't make some changes! Ok-well, thanks for listening.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Great job, HappyandFree! Your spinach pie sounds great. Maybe you could find a cooking class in your area since you enjoy cooking. Or another type of arts class. I've been thinking about finding a class at our local arts center. Would give me something to look forward to each week.

In any event, I'm glad you beat your AV today!
Old 07-30-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think we definitely need a balance between work and play - the more sober fun things you can think of to do, the less the thought of drinking will pull on you happyandfree

congrats on your upcoming 6 months

D
Old 07-30-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love spinach pie and I, too have gained weight Congrats on your sober time! Good for you keeping yourself busy during a time when your AV was being a chatterbox....stay strong!
Old 07-30-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on six months sober (next week)!
Old 07-30-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awesome job! (What does AV mean?)
Old 07-30-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Addictive voice....it's the voice that tells you that you can/should drink. It lies but is very persuasive.
Thanks everyone. Charlee you had a great suggestion about a cooking class. I'm going to look into that. Dee, you're right about finding balance. I think its time for me to get out there and do something new and fun...without alcohol! .