Notices

I need something

Old 10-05-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need something

On day 66 and feeling low. Infact the last week I've been really struggling. I'm thinking about booze too much and feel like I'm getting stressed out because i am thinking about it. I keep breaking out in hives and have really itchy skin, which I have read on here is a sign of detox. Why has it taken so long, most people seem to experience itchiness early on.
What other delights do I have to look forward too, things were going great but now I feel like I've come to a dead end!
Hope I can get my positivity back and not give.
Anybody else experiencing itchiness?
Old 10-05-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

what are you doing to help support your recovery? Do you go to AA or some other support group? Trying to do this alone is very difficult. I've noticed that the more I keep in touch with other sober people, the easier it is for me to have a great life. Something about knowing you aren't going through this alone provides the relief that alcohol promised to provide.

As for the itchiness, I have no idea. Maybe someone here can answer that.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I would go to a doctor. It may have nothing to do with Detox. Hives are an allergic reaction. I am no doctor but I have never heard of hives 2 months into sobriety.

From a positive perspective 66 days is fantastic. Your worst day with hives is likely better than you best day with booze
Old 10-05-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I ditto the above post..
Old 10-05-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by Helbel View Post
On day 66 and feeling low. Infact the last week I've been really struggling. I'm thinking about booze too much and feel like I'm getting stressed out because i am thinking about it. I keep breaking out in hives and have really itchy skin, which I have read on here is a sign of detox. Why has it taken so long, most people seem to experience itchiness early on.
What other delights do I have to look forward too, things were going great but now I feel like I've come to a dead end!
Hope I can get my positivity back and not give.
Anybody else experiencing itchiness?
Are you taking any new meds? I have a major allergic reaction to some of them. Allergic reactions can be deadly if they lead to antaphylactic (sp?) shock
Old 10-05-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Zee

Hi First of all, congratulations on 66 days... thats great!
I have hives, I'm on antihistamines which dampens the itch. Mine seems to be heat related and I only get it in my legs when I get in or out of bed. This only developed after I had oedema (swelling of legs) which was a symptom of my liver disease... it kind of damaged my nerves a bit. I'm not trying to scare you, because I think the only time you can get liver-related itching is when your bile levels are high (mine were not). You can also develop hives from stress. Either way, go and see a doctor, because I may get told off for giving away any health information, which I'm not, I'm just saying what happened to me.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Helbel

I agree the thing to do with the itchiness is to consult a Dr

As for the vague unease - whats your support system like?

D
Old 10-05-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I broke out in hives which were stress or heat related, I'm not sure, but it was before I quit and I haven't had it since. I'd really recommend talking to a pharmacist/doctor. My doctor gave me the wrong antihistamines to start of with and it just got worse. It was fairly horrendous. I have thought I had the start of it a few times and now I just take the right antihistamines which are good for skin things...

More to the point, well done on 66 days! I'm sorry you are not feeling so positive. I always found my positivity dropped occasionally but I was always happy when it came back and I hadn't drank Just power through, it will get better.