Notices

How I quit smoking cannabis

Old 08-30-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How I quit smoking cannabis

This is how I quit cannabis: It all started back a few years ago. I was in my room smoking bongs just like every other day. Then all of a sudden I started to get panic attacks. So for some reason I decided to go for a walk. I was walking around town and panicking at the same. About 5 hours later I decided to go back home and chill but then it started again. I started to get constant panic attacks, over and over, just after when one stopped another would start 10 minutes later. about a week later I got to the point where I couldn't sleep, If I ate something I would throw up, If I smoked a ciggy I would feel like im going to choke and die. Then I started to get psychosis and derealization. I would hear things that aren't actually there like a cat, I also felt like I was in some weird nightmare like nothing felt real. So after a while I decided to finally tell someone. I told my dad then he took me to the Doctors.

My Doctor put me on vallium and organized for me to see a psychiatrist. The vallium helped but didn't really do anything to make me feel better. Oh and at the time I was getting suicide thoughts. I saw my psychiatrist and he put me on Seroquel strait away. Then after a few days I saw him again because I couldn't handle the side effects so we had a talk and he put me on Olanzapine and EFEXOR-XR (EFEXOR-XR for the anxiety and panic attacks. Olanzapine for the psychosis and bad thoughts) After about 4 days I started to feel better then I started karate because my Doctor wanted me to start something. So i started karate and after about 3-5 months I felt 1000x better. I was still getting anxiety and a few panic attacks here and there but nothing else like the psychosis and derealization.

I never went back to smoking cannabis because I never ever want to feel like that again, it was the worst state of mined you could possibly ever be in. So after a few years I still haven't done it but I still have to take the EFEXOR-XR for the anxiety and olanzapine for negative thoughts and to prevent schizophrenia. I have put on a bit of weight though about 14 kgs. Also I do drink now which is what I'm currently working on giving up. So yeah thats how I quit.