Notices

Scratchy itchy dry throat

Old 01-26-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scratchy itchy dry throat

Okay so this doesnt feel like a cold, but for the last 5-6 days my throat has been super dry, itchy, with kind of a raspy voice. Does this have something to do with quitting weed? I had no cold and dont feel sick, my throats even been bleeding a little, i cant stop coughing especially at night. Ive never had a dry cough like this for so long, for no reason. Im not worried just wondering if this has to do with quitting.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

I don't know about that. i can't remember if I had a bad cough. I do remember there being lots of WEIRD symptoms though. At one point I was drooling so much I literally put tissue in my mouth. Sounds gross and it kind of was. I think was related to pot making my mouth dry for so long and my body trying to regulate. Also, my sense of smell was off the charts and I had a bad taste in my mouth. It all went back to normal although my sense of smell is still better. I'd keep an eye on the cough if I were you. Perhaps go to a doctor. The throat bleeding thing is what concerns me.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

if your throats bleeding can you see a dr Jim?...not that I necessarily think it's serious, it's just best to get a professional diagnosis.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Try a humidifier in your bedroom; or even just a large bowl of water. Sounds like dry air.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Might be dry air, might be quitting, or a combo of both. I coughed up brownish black crap for at least a month after I quit.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dry air is definitely a possibility, if this doesnt get better in a few days ill probably go to the doctor(even though i hate them).