# 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

No worries A just tossing out suggestions
Stick around here
D
Old 11-26-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

I think that's ok Aj. Don't worry about it. I was having some mild anxiety attacks and was almost terrified at the thought of being social - and I'm a very social person normally. For myself, I thought I was self medicating for an anxiety disorder. At least that is what I'd convinced myself of a while after I quit weed and the anxiety hit. However, I waited and I found that the anxiety disappeared after a while. Soon realized that weed had actually caused my anxiety. I had smoked it for 22 years so I can't say what I was like before I started. We're all different and I won't try to tell you how it's gonna be for you. Just that I think it's good to be kind and patient with yourself. You're ok.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

ill keep venting here for now. i really thought after 2-3 weeks i would be alright. just frustrated thats not the case. Ive already gone this far, cant quit now. i know ill just feel guilty and depressed if i smoke. this has been tough but i have to stick it out because i dont want to go through this again.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Vent away, that's what this place is here for.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Nuggets: Kiwi Video Paints Addiction In Simple Moving Terms

Nuggets: Kiwi Video Paints Addiction In Simple Moving Terms
Old 11-26-2014, 10:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I felt terrible for the first two weeks. Then I felt not great but okay for the next two. Then around the 4 week/1 month marker I was convinced that the world was going to end. It passed. Someone told me when I was struggling at that time that a reason for it could be because there was probably still thc in my system. It may be the body's reaction to it about to flush out more entirely. I'm not a doctor or scientist so idk, but it seems reasonable.
Been a lot more hermit-like too since I've quit. That's mainly because a lot of my social life used to revolve around drugs, and its not very fun to be around people getting high when you've stepped up and moved past it. Do you have anybody in your life who isn't into all that who you could go hang out with? I have a few friends who are pretty much sober and they've been a godsend. Just changing up your environment from your house a little here and there may be positive.
Good job for not giving in last night. I came a little too close for comfort to doing so too but we've both made it! I didn't think it would be as bad or long as it was/is but hey, turns out that it actually is that bad. Only thing to do is to keep pushing. I feel MUCH better now than I did at 4 weeks (currently on 10). Think of all your hard work. It may seem fruitless now, but it won't be as long as you don't cave.
In terms of suggestions, long hot showers/baths when I was going through withdrawal turned out to be incredibly renewing and therapeutic. I'd sit down and let go, think of my life, and how I'm cleansing it and myself. Several times I emerged from the bathroom feeling while still not 100%, significantly better. Exercise helped too if you can manage it, but I'm sure you've heard that. Other than those two, just have faith that it'll get better, because it will, regardless of what your AV might be telling you. The AV's full of s**t. Post your frustration here, it's helped me a ton. Listen to the people on these threads, they're the reason I'm still sober.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Tell your roommate to smoke outdoors, or not around you. Or to blow the smoke/vapor into a fan or something so it doesn't go into your room.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

yeah the first 2 weeks sucked for me then week 3 wasnt as bad and now im at week 4 and its by far the worst week for me. its good to know im not the only one going thru this. i was starting to think i was just crazy. thanks for the posts everyone. they are helping alot.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

i thought because week 3 wasnt as bad that i was at the home strech. i was shocked and frustrated how hard this week has been.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:17 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Thank you guys for posting. It helps me a lot to be reminded of what it was like in the early days so I am never tempted to just have "one" again. Because even now I know that picking up the daily habit would be so easy and then I'd have to go through withdrawal misery all over again. No thank you!
Old 11-26-2014, 11:21 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Shocked is a good word for it Aj. I was shocked at how different quitting weed was than I expected. I thought I'd be all energetic and that finding something to keep me busy would be the hard part. Instead I just curled up under some blankets and sulked. My brain was almost foggier than it was when I was stoned. I felt less motivated, more depressed and anxious. I was like WTH!?!?!?!?!? But that all went away and then I was on a natural high and was totally in love with not having weed. Now being sober just feels normal. Normal but better.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:37 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

yeah this feels just has bad as kicking xanax to me. I look at pot in a whole another light now. I look at it pretty much how i would look at harder drugs as far as w/d goes. thats for sure.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I very seldom smell pot smoke, primarily because I am almost never exposed to it.

I will occasionally smell it at a concert or NASCAR race, but not much.

I do smell it on people sometimes when I go to the record/CD store to shop for music (i.e. spend my time and money).

Good luck staying away from it, amigo.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I live in Denver on the "Green Mile". There's so many pot shops in my neighborhood, you can smell it just walking down the street. Or driving through for that matter lol
No biggie, just keep walkin.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Wow Chilly, you must have some awesome willpower. I can't even think about Colorado or legalization without feeling extremely triggered, as its something I used to go bananas over. Good for you!
Old 12-02-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wackybunny View Post
I think that's ok Aj. Don't worry about it. I was having some mild anxiety attacks and was almost terrified at the thought of being social - and I'm a very social person normally. For myself, I thought I was self medicating for an anxiety disorder. At least that is what I'd convinced myself of a while after I quit weed and the anxiety hit. However, I waited and I found that the anxiety disappeared after a while. Soon realized that weed had actually caused my anxiety. I had smoked it for 22 years so I can't say what I was like before I started. We're all different and I won't try to tell you how it's gonna be for you. Just that I think it's good to be kind and patient with yourself. You're ok.
Yup.

My experience as well, and as I'm active on other forums, I can say with certainty this is the experience of EVERYONE who's reported having issues with weed. EVERYONE.

Anxiety is often the reason we quit, and anxiety is most troubling issue following cessation. Lots of people - myself included - never had any anxiety-related issues before heavy cannabis use.

Plus - I've tested the theory on myself twice (you can continue laughing now!) Looking very forward to this final test coming to an end!
Old 12-02-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

doublepost
Old 12-02-2014, 08:58 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Glad I can continue laughing because I just did. Good luck with your experiment!

And can I say again how ironic it is that weed is commonly thought to reduce anxiety and that is often the reason we say we "need" it.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

YES!!!! TODAY! I hung out with my cousin and my very best friend (and these people are GOOD human beings) I love them! They mean so much to me, but they still smoke so much and I'm currently trying to give that up but they were smoking in the car today and i was "just there". To be honest, it felt nice saying no even though i was so tempted. I obviously want to keep those people in my life for as long as i can but I hope the smoking won't be an issue. Its all about self-control and empowerment. Its really doable!!! You just have to be strong.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:29 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Great job having it so close and saying NO, Lionheartt. How long has it been since you quit? You know your limits but thems some close limits. Probably makes a difference if they are supportive of you quitting or, like some of my friends, trying to push you into smoking again. My friends were like "c'mon! Just smoke it if you feel that bad (withdrawal), it's good for you!" I was actually offended that they cared so little about my progress and my fight for freedom from addiction. I concluded that if they really did care about me, they would listen to what I said, take it seriously and help me out by being supportive. I mean, these are 40 year old men so what's up with peer pressure???!!!??? Kind of made me see them in a different light.