Notices

Hi

Old 08-27-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi

Hi, I'm a marijuana addict. Spent a lot of money on that ****. Lost a few dreams. Feel like I can't stop. I don't get high. I smoke spliffs. So, also nicotine. I'm trying to pump myself up to go to an MA meeting soon.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Hi Faith. I was a spliff smoker too. The double addiction was difficult to break. I stayed addicted for 22 years. I wish there had been an MA meeting where I live because I would have gone in a heartbeat. Mostly thanks to this site I gave up weed six months ago. It felt really really hard to do at the time (each day felt like a week) but looking back it was just a short time of dealing with discomfort and mild depression. After that I started feeling better and now I feel like that time of withdrawal was a very small price to pay. I was so scared of being straight and letting go of my stoner identity. Now I am in love with not being addicted to weed. It's a new type of high, a freedom. I wish you strength and determination, you can do it! So much better to do it sooner than later.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Faith!!
Old 08-28-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Faith! I smoked every day for many years and thought I could not stop. Weed had stopped working for me but I kept doing it. Then one day I quit. It wasn't easy, it was lousy for a while and took a lot of work, too.

Those dreams aren't gone, once you get clean, the sky's the limit. The meeting sounds like a good idea. There aren't MA meetings in my area, but I am pretty active in NA.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the Forum Faith
D