Notices

drinking on medication

Old 01-19-2017, 04:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
If you're not comfortable at one meeting then find one that feels right to you, I'm glad to hear you're trying.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

How is the good fight today, dsmaxis? I hope you've been able to make it to your favorite meet by now!
Old 01-27-2017, 05:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I took my medication and drank twenty minutes later. I drank eight 12 oz ipas ale in an hour then two more over an hour. Then puked my brains out I'm scared I'm back to where I was eight years ago but worse. Let me tell you how I almost hit two cars driving to get more I drink alone and it was last night I have no recall how bad it was I have no fear I want to drink again I've to some extent lost the power of choice. If I drink like I did again it's the ER institutionalized and Sacred Heart for a year. I went to three day meetings yesterday and still drank insanely I'm a real alcoholic schizophrenic type.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Nobody is hopeless maxis, if we can post here on SR then I believe we still have the power of choice, but we have to desperately want sobriety.

I hope you'll go to meetings today and consider reaching out for help. When I wanted to drink I ran to meetings for a safe place where I could be away from the temptation and to be around "my people".
Old 01-28-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I went to a 7:00 am meeting but the person with the key didn't show up I waited until 7:30 am. Gonna go to a 10:30 am meeting . Got to drop my mom off at alanon at ten . So I"ll be late but I'm going and I'll probaly go to three meetings today.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

One of the Clubs I attend meetings at has 7-9 meetings per day on average. There were days in early sobriety I'd be there all day. It felt very safe and I never felt alone.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:14 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Day 3 getting a sponsor Monday haven't had one in 2 1/2 years. Last time I got a sponsor I stayed sober four months then. Well I told him I don't have to do anything to stay sober but believe in God. One two weeks later I relapsed and now I haven't been able to get a week.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:00 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Glad you are still here.

Sounds like getting a new sponsor and following what he tells you to do exactly might be the best idea.

You can do it.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:19 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Being honest with others in recovery and continuing to try is forward progress. Don't stop!
Old 02-11-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I've always been honest about my sobriety date I'm getting a home group also. I'm going to AA because I need unity my first sponsor taught me to hate the fellowship. God I set aside everything I think I know about me these steps AA my disease and mostly you Lord for a new experience with all of it I know I said it wrong but thats what I'm doing.And I'm going because it's the last house on the block hlf measures availed us nothing.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep moving forward dsmaxis.

D
Old 02-20-2017, 06:46 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dsmaxis10 View Post
I take a cocktail of meds. Drinking even a little makes me hungover really bad. Yet I keep doing it.
Me too. It got to where I could only drink 2 draws on a Friday night and maybe I'd be well enough to go to work Monday. But hey! I was a cheap drink/date!

Didn't realize til years into sobriety that what was happening was that my liver was quite literally shutting down.

Best wishes dsmaxis!