Notices

What's the point of life?

Old 12-31-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Bauerlexi,

I'm sorry for the losses you have suffered. Have you attended any grief groups, or counseling to help you through this difficult time?

I'm glad you have a group of close friends, even though they don't understand what you have been through they are there for you, and that is important.

Is there anything you are passionate about, or really love to do? Maybe you can try throwing yourself into something like that. I am not artistic, but sometimes drawing, or journaling will help me get my feelings out. It is okay to cry, and be sad, I just hope you are also finding some time to be happy and smile.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hi Bauerlexi,

I'm sorry for the losses you have suffered. Have you attended any grief groups, or counseling to help you through this difficult time?

Is there anything you are passionate about, or really love to do? Maybe you can try throwing yourself into something like that. I am not artistic, but sometimes drawing, or journaling will help me get my feelings out. It is okay to cry, and be sad, I just hope you are also finding some time to be happy and smile.
Hi Delilah1, I have not attended any grief groups or counseling, but I plan to start this next semester (they offer counseling at my school). I'm passionate about a lot of things, but I have zero motivation with this depression. It has been 10 months, and the grief has intensified this month. I'm not sure if it's because a new year has started, and he's not here anymore, or because it's sinking in I'm never going to see him again. I just never got to say goodbye (only his parents saw him on life support, he was in rehab across the country). It's so hard.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by schnappi99 View Post
Sometimes the meetings are lightweight discussion but sometimes some pretty serious stuff is shared and you never know. Recently a guy and his friend showed up, the friend's son had recently died from an overdose and the friend had himself just relapsed after several years clean and was contemplating suicide. As the story came out I watched the shock hit everybody in the meeting, I had no experience along those lines but half the women in the meeting did. They all got their balance back and told their stories about relapse, death and near suicide, and their recovery in much greater detail than I had heard before. I put my phone # down on the list we gave the guy, but I think whatever help we gave came from the women. He left in better spirits, I hope to see him again. It was amazing and inspiring to see those women in action.
Thanks for sharing this experience. I will start attending counseling one-on-one, and hopefully I'll benefit from talking to someone.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
You are sad and hurting. Just breathe, put one foot in front of the other. It will be better in time. Sorry for your pain and loss. Addiction is heartbreaking.
This is great advice and heartfelt reminder that people do care. Keep posting, it's with connections to people that you will remember life's beauties, but it takes time. And tears. So sorry you have had these losses.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mklove View Post
This is great advice and heartfelt reminder that people do care. Keep posting, it's with connections to people that you will remember life's beauties, but it takes time. And tears. So sorry you have had these losses.
Thank you Mklove. I will keep posting. I was thinking of Maudcat's advice this morning, since it's the first day back to work after the holiday. It was so hard to get up, I just want to sleep and escape everything.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Bauer!
Old 01-03-2017, 07:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mklove View Post
Thinking of you Bauer!
Thank you, I appreciate it
Old 01-04-2017, 11:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

The point of my life is to try to learn and do God's will on a daily basis.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:21 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I feel your pain Bauerlexi . Take a deep breath. You are still young and have a whole life ahead of you. Be positive and stay strong.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi bauerlexi! I hope you are doing OK this day ... I know that 'well' is not something we do in early grief. Mostly when people ask how I am, I answer "I'm OK". That basically means, I'm functioning. I'm paying bills, I'm feeding myself, I'm doing laundry, I'm getting to work...

Through all of that, small moments of light do break through now and then. I'm wishing you peace--because peace is what we all seek
Old 01-31-2017, 11:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thank you Heven. & thank you Seren for checking up on me. I've also been okay, I'm getting through every day. Some days I try not to think about it & pretend it didn't happen, and then other days I can't stop the tears.

I'm trying to focus on living in the present. My ex was originally the guy I wanted to marry...but I've realized that will never happen. I just miss him so much.

I hope you're doing okay, Seren.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Lexi

Just keep riding the waves....I promise, they get smaller.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:22 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Thanks for responding Lexi, I know we're all relieved to hear you're OK
Old 02-01-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Grief for me comes in waves. Sometimes makes no sense, just need to ride it out. More prayers.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanks to all of you! It's amazing that I can come online and have people ready to listen. His one year anniversary since he passed is coming on February 19th (wow, feels like just a few months), and I'm trying to think of something to do to honor him. I'm considering lighting floating lanterns on the beach and letting them go, but I'm not sure. Nothing seems good enough to honor him, I would have given him the world.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi, Bauer. I honor those we have lost too soon by helping animals in need. I make monetary donations in their name to shelters, which are always cash-strapped. I make food donations to pet pantries. Things like that. I would volunteer my time, but I don't think I would do too well with homeless animals. It would be way too sad.
So...I do what I can, in memory of the lost.
Did your SO have a particular cause that he embraced, like Wounded Warriors or animal rescue? You could do something for them, in honor of your love.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:10 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi Maudcat, that's a great idea! My SO embraced helping out his friends and other addicts get into treatment. He had talked about maybe opening up his own treatment facility one day...so maybe I can find one in my area that accepts donations. I also love the animal shelter idea; I love animals more than most humans haha, so maybe I could start making donations under his name.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:09 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

There you go! Good luck.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:41 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Prayers for you. So sorry for your losses. Most, if not all, churches have grief counseling. Visit a few churches, if you're up to it, and see if you feel a connection with any of them.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delani View Post
Prayers for you. So sorry for your losses. Most, if not all, churches have grief counseling. Visit a few churches, if you're up to it, and see if you feel a connection with any of them.
Thanks Delani. I wasn't raised with religion and have only been to church a few times...so I would definitely have to look into local churches in my area. Church might also help with the feeling of being absolutely lost in my life.