Notices

Cat Missing & Ruminating on Death & Dying

Old 02-14-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

It means a lot to me to know you all were here for me, and pulling for Ava's safe return. Glad to know I have true friends here. Thanks again
Old 02-14-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Alls well that ends well Jennie! Rock on Ava Lol

Hey I've been thinking about some of the stuff you said about resentments. A lot. Well I can relate. I'l have to start a thread one of the days which I'm not looking forward to but I dont know any other way to get advice. My parents are incredibly disingenuous about our past, its sickening actually. I crave authenticity so its tough, its hard to explain as theres a lot (which they deny!). So we are not alone, right? Peace
Old 02-14-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Beingvery much a cat man, I was feeling your grief in the first of this thread. My cats mean the world to me. I had one disappear several years ago and never had closure to what happened. I still think of her from time to time.
Love for an animal comes from a love and respect for life. Even the ravages of alcohol doesn't diminish that. And we can draw from that special attribute to strive to not only help others in need, as we try to do here on SR, but realize a love for ourselves and break the addictive cycle to enhance our own life.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:16 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

So happy that your sweet pet came home!
Old 02-25-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I'm relieved Ava is back at home! I just lost one of my cats to kidney failure. Please look over your cats and get them checked if they seem to drink lots of water, hover over their water bowl for extended periods, or paw at the water like they are playing. Also, be on the lookout for lots of urinating or urinating outside the box. If I had caught these symptoms early, my cat might still be here.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Very sorry to hear that raul. Thank you for the good advice. It's easy to miss the signs - I'm sure you loved your kitty very much.