It's been a long journey

Old 09-27-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I am so very sorry...
Old 09-27-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry for your loss.

I've read some of your posts before after doing a search for pancreatitis because my husband has had two bouts of acute pancreatitis. Like your son he was also addicted to opiates (painkillers) in the past (before we met).

I haven't commented on your posts or others much because I don't really have any answers. It is so sad that they drink/use themselves into sickness and even death. It leaves behind so much pain for those of us who love them.

I can't even imagine what you're going through but I am so sorry. Your post brought me to tears. I'm wishing you strength and comfort. I'm glad you have good memories with your son to look back on. He sounds like a sweet man who had demons haunting him. May he rest in peace and may you find peace here as you continue on carrying him in your spirit like you used to literally carry him. <3
Old 09-27-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am very sorry. You will be in my prayers. Jenna.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so, so sorry. My heart aches for you. There are no words to describe the incredible pain of losing your child to an overdose . Right now you will just be trying to get through each moment and process the reality - be very, very gentle with yourself. Please post all you want - I found it helpful - almost a stream of conscious posting - to get me through those first days and weeks. We are here for you! Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers
Old 09-27-2016, 07:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am very sorry for your loss ownedbypugs.

D
Old 09-27-2016, 10:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

A little over a year ago I had a terrible dream about my son dying. One thing stood out and it was how I felt, even after waking. I've not ever felt desolation like that and I hope I never do again.

My prayers are with you and all who loved your son, that God wraps you in a warm embrace and heals your pain filled hearts.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your son. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, to his girlfriend, your grandchild and grandchild-to-be.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

What a terrible loss. My condolences to all who loved him.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

So sorry Ownedbypugs. As a doxie owner I "get" your screenname. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts as you struggle to pick up the pieces. I hate this disease :-(
Old 09-28-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Hugs, prayers, and lots of love to you and your family.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey ownedbypugs....

I cried reading your posts...the one especially where you video taped your son saying "hi mom". I have a son 26, and I know how moms love their sons. My heart aches for you. I'm so sorry for your loss. Don't lose that video. It was a good day, hold on to that. Cause that is the true man he was when not altered by his addition. The man you raised!

Pray for peace in your heart daily. Forget about the last time if you yelled at him. He's in heaven now and at peace and not thinking about that...at all!! And it's not your fault! You loved a lot and hard!

And thank you for your courageous story. As sad as it is, it is reality and we all need a reality check on here.