Scott Weiland: A Cautionary Tale

Old 12-08-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yep.

I am not looking to kick a man while he is down (really down unfortunately). I just hate to see so many people dying from this disease. I am not going to pretend I get what it is like to be thrust into stardom at a young age with drugs being tossed at you and throw in mental illness to boot. I did a great job flying off the rails on my own, but the list of those dying from this disease is long (Icons and supposed nobodies - it does not discriminate).

Anyway when a person dies you want to celebrate their life, but unfortunately it can be hard with addiction. I watched the I am Chris Farley documentary and it was very uplifting, but very sad too. Bob Odenkirk basically said Farley was so amazing and so funny, but something about watching someone kill themselves with drugs and alcohol takes away the joy.

Anyway I am a big Howard Stern fan and Scott has been on there dozens of times over the last 20 years. He was honest about his struggles. I am sure he didn't enjoy being an addict, but just couldn't seem to climb out of the hole he was in. Here is a recent cover from earlier this year he did with the Wildabouts (Bowie who Scott always said was his biggest idol / influence - imagine that!). Unfortunately the guitarist Jeremy Brown (back right) OD'd not long after this was taped right before the new album came out. It is the sad truth of addiction.

Old 12-09-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

5 things Scott Weiland's ex-wife and kids want you to know about addiction.

From his ex-wife and kids.