Just found out my nephew is on

Old 08-07-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just found out my nephew is on

synthetic marijuana? AKA as spice? I have been looking it up and it looks scary. I was telling my mom to start getting herself stong... want to point her in this direction, yet, I am going to find another board for her to go to. I have just started opening up about my codependency issues here, and my childhood is a lot of what helped form that. I am worried for my nephew, and for my brother and his family, and my folks.... but will find another support group for them. If they think this is like normal marijuana they are wrong. I feel marijuana is habit forming in the first place, but this seems like it is not only habit forming but really really dangerous and can be bought at gas stations and what not....
Old 08-07-2014, 09:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Scary stuff dont take this lightly. So sorry

XXX
Old 08-07-2014, 10:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know, the more I read the more I get scared for him. He is 21 years old. He has his whole life ahead of him. I talked to him today. I didn't tell him I knew. I didn't mention it. He was so disengaged in our conversation. He really likes me... maybe his favorite auntie, yet, there was no spark to his voice. I called him so that he would have my number on his new phone. He is eight hours away.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You didn't mention if your nephew is also in Oregon, but this is most likely illegal, both federally and state:

Spice World: In Oregon, synthetic marijuana is more illegal than the real stuff?and easier to buy

Is 'Fake Pot' (aka K2 or Spice) Illegal? - FindLaw Blotter

I say "most likely" because it is a constant game of "catch up" between law makers, regulators, law enforcement and the people that sell this stuff. Maybe knowledge of this will help.

Also just because it is sold in a gas station doesn't mean it has passed any legal hurdles. Google up "gas stations busted for selling spice" and read any of the top 100 or so articles if needed.