Told AH what's going on...

Old 08-24-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

TW, alcoholism is a progressive disease meaning that those that have it will gradually get sicker until they get sick of themselves and desire to change, or go down the tubes. My exAW, God rest her soul, always blamed me for her cheating, her losing jobs, and her anger at the world. Being a good little Codie I accepted her manipulating ways right up until she ran off with her boss and divorced me. Sometimes you can't win with someone whose mind is in love with a substance instead of their mate. Huge hugs,it can get better.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm so sad reading your post. Its an awful feeling when you see someone in the grips of addiction.

I havent read through all your past posts. Ive not been here to long and havent followed your story.

I do know addiction needs to be treated as early as possible because what happens is the disease part is actually because the constant fueling of alcohol or drugs alters the brain chemicals and thinking. Its really not so easy go just stop even if a person is threatened or motivated by encouragement. The body is what pulls them back. It often takes professional help to break the cycle and allow the brain and body to fall back under control of the person.

I saw a good video.if I can find it again then I will send it to you. It shows why people just can't stop when we think "just put it down"

Ive no idea if your husband was manipulating or showing some kind of effort. The problem Ive seen with my husband as of late is that he didnt have the power to sustain change. Its very frustrating.

Its also so hard for us to know what to do and also when to do it. Your supported from afar and I hope you find the clarity you need soon.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Mine does the same thing. He gets wasted and always picks fights. Or he will say:

"You don't love me anymore"
"You're cheating on me"
"Why don't you like me"
"You act like you hate me"

Yeah dude, I'm not trying to deal with your DRUNK ASS all the time. I've found that it helps me to remove myself from the situation: go to a friends house, lock myself in our room and read, go visit my parents for the weekend...

We don't have children however, my dad was an alcoholic and it really did put a HUGE burden on my sister and I... The constant fighting, not talking, tedious tasks that were then on our shoulders... If I could go back in time, I would tell my mom to leave.