Anyone spending Christmas alone this year?

Old 12-23-2010, 01:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by naive View Post
gg, you are worried about being sad before you're even sad!

try to stay in the present. no point in projecting bad feelings into a future that hasn't even happened yet!
This is true, not to mention something that may not of even occurred to you yet. You get to DECIDE if you want to be sad or not. This is what you have complete control over.

It's a beautiful thing!

As for me, I am still childless for another week, and still an orphan.......but, I have CHOSEN a surrogate family (well, maybe they chose me) and we are going to a Christmas Al-Anon meeting, then to a fabulous Italian all you can eat buffet. No cooking, no cleaning, no nuthin', except of course the beautiful misery of over eating. No drunks and only people in recovery! Ahhh.

But of course I'll be on here before and after all that.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well...it's not just about my A. My mother and I aren't speaking. She's an extremely selfish person. I'm certain she is not an A, but strangely enough she has a lot of the qualities my ExA did. Kind of makes it a tough Christmas. And I can't decide whether to send a short and sweet Merry Christmas email or not. She will either be snobby to me or do the same as me, or want to do dialog and pretend that nothing happened.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've spent more than one Christmas here - there's always someone around GoldenGirl

D
Old 12-23-2010, 03:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm spending my first Christmas alone, and actually feel pretty good about it. My family and friends are out of town, it's just me, my dog Micky and Kitty. I'll come by definitely.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

This is my first Christmas alone-sort of. I have the kids tomorrow and Christmas moring and xah has them for the day and the night (if he chooses-I think he probably will choose not). Going to my sister's tomorrow night.
New man (I think I will call him D) may come over. My sister said they were having dinner for people who are sort of left alone so I may go there. She said to bring D--not sure I am ready for that. She told me I HAD to because my Dad is going to be there and he can pass judgment (she was laughing while saying it).

I'm thinking hulu and nachos sound good right now!
Old 12-23-2010, 04:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I will be around on the holiday too. Going it alone myself for lots of reasons. Going to try to enjoy the down time and not focus on the have nots in my life.

I have not been around SR for awhile because I quit smoking and for some reason the site was a trigger for me. Probably all of the emotions tied up in the issues around here. Better now - I am 26 days smoke free now after 27 years smoking and feeling more confident. Good to be back around and happy holidays to everyone !

Laura

Old 12-23-2010, 11:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi GoldenGirl. I hope you have a really enjoyable, relaxing Christmas. I think in Australia, our timezone is ahead of yours...when I'm going to sleep, you're waking up. I'll be spending the day with my kids, so I won't be on SR during the day, but will try and get on the next day, which, I think will be your Christmas Day!
Old 12-24-2010, 02:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm here too, kids are in bed. One of many Xmas's alone but first on SR.
Merry Christmas everyone.
I may be alone but I'm very grateful for my beautiful kids and my comfy home, no better place to be alone :-)
Old 12-24-2010, 03:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Don't forget that we have our own chat room - titled "alanoroom" so you can ask people to meet in there to chat through the day/night. Will be around also.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:52 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas Eve morning everyone! I'm off to make my special blueberry muffins to begin the Christmas weekend. With my new stove I might add. Mine conveniently broke yesterday and the landlord bought a new one. Yay for good landlords.

Just me and my three cats this morning....

How is everyone else doing?
Old 12-24-2010, 05:58 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goldengirl3 View Post
Well...it's not just about my A. My mother and I aren't speaking. She's an extremely selfish person. I'm certain she is not an A, but strangely enough she has a lot of the qualities my ExA did. Kind of makes it a tough Christmas. And I can't decide whether to send a short and sweet Merry Christmas email or not. She will either be snobby to me or do the same as me, or want to do dialog and pretend that nothing happened.
Hey, GoldenGirl,

I say you take care of yourself, whatever that means. Do not ever feel guilty for removing yourself from toxic people. Send the email or not. But do it or not because YOU want to.

I wish you a quiet and peaceful Christmas. I will not be around a computer, but will certainly be thinking of my S/R friends, as I always do.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:26 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

doing fine, gg. i've decided i'm going to go on a green juice fast tomorrow, so i'm going out into the madness to get some fruits and vegetables. i received some xmas cards this morning with money in them, so i might just splurge on some nice candles and incense too!
Old 12-24-2010, 06:33 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

What's a green juice fast? Fill me in.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:40 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Awakening

Home made blueberry muffins on a spanking new stove? Sounds like a little slice of heaven to me. I could absolutely founder on blueberry muffins with big crunchy tops.

Since tomorrow is my "carbo-load" day, I sure hope the Italian buffet has those muffins, if not, I know where I can score a few.

Also, I'll pass on this tip on how to soothe the over indulgence of holiday feasts on our systems. Got this fresh today off my Realage email health tips: some of the ingredients in orange juice help to negate the inflammatory response that our systems have to high fat, high carbohydrate meals. Gonna give it a try this time around.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:54 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

I'm going to take up writing again.

Not sure what I'll write, I still have a headache from sleeping 12 hours last night (but after being up for 2 days straight I needed it), so I'll sort the important things out later.

I'm wandering around the house now in my PJs and loving it.

...there's a ring worn down in the carpet around the dining room table, from all the times I walked in circles worrying about G / talking to him on the phone when he was drunk. Funny I never noticed it before.