Notices

living

Old 07-01-2006, 01:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

living

It is only living that is hard to do. Take that away and the pain is over...Right?
Old 07-01-2006, 02:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

No one can say for sure. None of have been to the other side yet.

I can look at my own life though and tell you that I used to be in great pain and I no longer have that pain now. There are answers and miracles that you haven't seen yet. There is a plan for our lives and we each have a special purpose. There is also real reasons that cause your pain that you may not be able to see yet. There is a cause and there is a cure. If you keep going you'll find your answers. I've had huge amounts of pain taken from me in less than a minute when I felt hopeless. I've experienced miracles and have watched others experience miracles. Don't give up because you can't see what's ahead.

Live one day at a time without focusing on the overwhelming prospects of the future.

Enjoy your "gift of life'' each day and without taking it for granted, since you don't know the day or time when indeed you will die.

Use self-affirmations of your value and worth and work at "falling in love'' with yourself on a daily basis.

Refocus on yourself as the major source of help to get you out of your current pain rather than looking for others' help to rescue or to fix you.

Empower yourself with the belief that there is nothing you can't overcome here on earth with the help and assistance of your Higher Power.

Recognize that, no matter how great the physical, emotional or psychic pain you are going through right now, there is an end to it down the road as long as you continue to work at honestly accepting the reality of life as it really is rather than how you want it to be.

Recognize that rather than solving all of your problems at once you can make greater progress by solving each problem one at a time at a slow and steady pace. Since it took a lifetime to get you here, it will take the rest of your life to get you out.

Allow yourself to be human and open yourself to accept any further failures, mistakes, or slow progress in your efforts to solve your problems.

Accept that "relapse'' is a fact of life in recovery and do not get down on yourself if you should experience any reversal or set back.

Commit yourself not to quit as you proceed in your efforts to turn your life around.

coping.org
Old 07-01-2006, 03:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

Originally Posted by Eagle1
It is only living that is hard to do. Take that away and the pain is over...Right?
As MG says, no one knows...

But, I know one thing for sure. Take away living, and all the beauty and glory in life is gone.
I think I'd prefer to stick around. The beauty outweighs the pain with the right perspective.
For what have you to be grateful?

Shalom!
Old 07-01-2006, 12:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow Morning G !! You are good ! and that was deep
Old 07-03-2006, 05:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Anyone who reads my journal in this forum will see that I said and asked the exact same thing many times...

And I'm still here to tell you that the way you are feeling now will pass. When? No one can say, but it WILL change - that I am sure of. And the harder you have it now....the better life will be on the other side of your depression. By this I mean, people like us who see that horrific side of life...well, we learn to appreciate the wonders and beauties in life with so much more heart than others. When you come out of that deep, dark place and feel like you again....life will be SO enjoyable that even the tiniest of smalles things will make you smile and feel greatful to be alive.

Hang in there....

"I know God promises not to give me more than I can handle - I just wished he didn't trust me so much, " ~ Mother Teresa
Old 07-03-2006, 07:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Doube-Edged

but there isn't anything to do but live. without that there is nothing good either.