Notices

Bozo

Old 05-31-2006, 10:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To Life!

Question Bozo

How'd the appointment go?
Hope all is well, and you're on the way to feeling much better...
Shalom!
Old 05-31-2006, 02:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On The Bus

In A Nutshell

The Pdoc said:
A.) Up the Zoloft to 100 mg a day for two weeks and then maybe up to 150.

B.) Exercise more.

C.) No caffeine at all.

I'm not sure what I am going to do now. When I tell a doctor I want to get off the Zoloft I get the would you stop taking insulin if you were a diabetic?

I wanted to try a whole new route with no Zoloft and then maybe switch to Trazadone and Effexor.

His only comment about Tramadol was it works for depression in only certain individuals, but after our hour chat, apparently he decided I dont fall into that category.

He wants me to try more Zoloft because I have no side effects from taking the drug.

I am confused right now. I am not sure what I am going to do.

You guys all talk about having a doctor that will work with you until you find the right mix. Why cant I find a doctor like that?

The ones I go to all say increase the Zoloft even though I tell them I want off of this drug.

I have to go to my sons baseball game, thanks for asking Deb.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mike,

Docs are resisitant to change something that works. My Doc said the same thing to me.

150 mg of Zoloft is a good therapeutic dose, and it may just help you even more. Why not give a go and see what happens. You know it won't hurt you and it may help! If no change, then go back to the Doc and tell him you insist on trying something different.

I have heard good things about Effexor.

I wish you a world of luck with this, Mike. I know how crippling anxiety and depression can be, but there is a positive way out of it. Just keep on keepin' on and with time, you will find peace, and maybe the increase in Zoloft will help. Please insist on changing if you desire to change your meds. You know you better than anyone...even your doc.

Take care friend. A candle is burning for you tonight!
Woof
Old 06-03-2006, 06:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

No caffine is good advice, (though I drink two cups of 1/2 and 1/2 so the equivalent of 1 cup of coffee most mornings. )
Exercise, absolutely! Especially for the anxiety, though it works wonders for the depression too!

I'm not really sure why you wnat to get off the zoloft and onto the other scripts, Bozo? Are you listening to us talk about what drugs are working for us and wnating to try them, or is there a specific reason you wnat to try the other scripts?
Are you willing to give the increased dosage a working chance?
I guess I'm concerned about why you want to change, more than why the doc doesn't want you to change.

I know in the past, I wasn't happy with the Pdoc's scripts for me. But, that's because I was STONED! I was totally LOADED! I had to back OFF from what they were giving me. But, your doc is increasing the does, indicating that it was low to begin with.

In the end, your body knows what is and what isn't right. Listen to it.
And if this does isn't working, then talk about it again with the doc. If there is still no change in what is being prescribed, then, seek a second opinion.

Mike, I wish you the best...
Let us know what you decide, after gving this a fair shot, ok?

Shalom!
Old 06-03-2006, 06:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Mike,

I'm not around much, but I do check the board and saw your post. I take 250 mg of zoloft. I had a blood test to check my how well I absorb it. I am not even in the therapeutic range. Yet, my doc still wants me to continue on it. I may go back on effexor next time I see him. I think when I first took it, it may have worked; but, I been so sick it's hard to tell. Somedays I don't even go near my computer which is why I've been out of touch.

I hope you are able to get this all straightened out. I know it takes time.
Take care.

Carol
Old 06-17-2006, 11:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

How I found a Dr that would hear me and work with me.....took 4 different consultations, with me "firing" 3 Drs until I found the one who would hear me and work with me. He is very intelligent and reasonable and I often take in internet research and share it with him to show him why I am asking or seeking a particular course or treatment.
I miss you.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To Life!

You ok, Mike?
I hope my previous answer didn't discourage you or offend. Please know I wish only the best for you!
Let us know how it's going, ok?

Shalom!
Old 06-17-2006, 02:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
On The Bus

Originally Posted by historyteach
You ok, Mike?
I hope my previous answer didn't discourage you or offend. Please know I wish only the best for you!
Let us know how it's going, ok?

Shalom!
Yes, yes I am OK. Thank you very much for asking, I really appreciate your thoughts.

I have taken the 100 mg for two weeks as suggested and yesterday was day 1 one of 150mg for two weeks and then I get to go back to the pdoc.

As of now I have not noticed any difference in my depression or anxiety.

I am working out once a week now which is good.

I forced myself to work around the house today.

I did notice some muscle twitching in my leg the other day, I am not sure if that is related to the Zoloft increase? It stopped so I am not sure what it was? Pulled muscle perhaps?

Tena it is always good to hear from you as well.

Thanks, think I will take the 12 year old out for a motorcycle ride and get some icecream(good for the waistline) Oh well who cares? Nobody!!!!
Old 06-17-2006, 03:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
To Life!

You're wrong, Mike....
We DO care.

I've found for exercise to help, it needs to be done three to four times a week, and for a minimum of 1/2 hour. That's when I begin to feel the results, emotionally and physically.

Wishing you the best...
Shalom!
Old 06-19-2006, 10:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Yes Mike,

You are wrong, we do care about YOU!!

I'm sorry, I haven't been in this forum for a while, I have missed what has been going on.

I am glad to see you are exercising. That is good for the soul. We should all do more of it. ( meaning of course me, LOL)

I agree that maybe you weren't at a therapeutic level. Maybe with the raise in the amount of Zoloft you will begin to feel better, especially with the mix of
exercise in there. I think it's great that you are giving it a chance to work.

Zoloft is a really great medication, and I am sure that is why they want you to stay on it. Maybe when they get you to a level that they are comfortable with, then maybe they will add more to the Zoloft, that is what my doctor has done before,. Who knows. Maybe this will work just fine for you.

No matter what, you are doing great things to help yourself. Just know that.

My prayers are with you Mike..

Love,
Becky