Notices

We lost one of the good ones.

Old 01-31-2006, 04:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

We lost one of the good ones.

Last week we lost another addict who was certainly one of the "winners".

Betsy from New York.

She had been clean for a very long time. she lost her 5 year battle with breast cancer last week.

We will miss her very much.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Heaven's to Betsy! :ValA018: God's got Himself a good one!

Thanks for letting us know, namommy. It's always sad to hear of another addict passing, but at least she was in recovery, spreading the message of freedom from the insanity of addiction. Breast cancer is such a beast. I'm sure she's in a much better place now.

~ God bless ~
Old 01-31-2006, 08:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry about the news of your friend. My mother died of the same ugly disease. Glad Betsy had a found so many years of sobriety before she died....certainly she must have lived a very full life.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You can't help but admire her.

the doctors and her husband kept telling her to slow down. She said "He** no!" she knew she was dying and wanted to do as many of the things she had always wanted to do in her life. She did as much as she could physically and financially do.

She took up ocean kayaking and belly dancing among a few other things. She never missed a campout or a chance to go to a convention.

I keep remembering a funny incident at a convention. The fire alarms went off at the hotel, and we were being evacuated. She had just gone to her room and was going take off her wig (she had been going through chemo) when it went off. She got outside and said "It's a good thing they went off when they did, I'd burn to death before I was evacuated without my hair and eyelashes" We all just stood there laughing. she had such a contagious personality. We're really going to miss her.