Notices

Feel Like a Failure

Old 01-19-2006, 11:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feel Like a Failure

I did really good all day even with being in pain. My hands have been cramping and I couldn't open or close them...So, I took 1 1/2 hydrocone(spelling?). I know that I need some kind of outside help. However, i am afraid of extended family members like my cousins finding out. Plus, the only meeting I would go to holds meetings on Wednesday mornings. I doubt that my husband would let me go. He can be emotionally abusive and controlling. I don't want to start an argument or anything with him. So, I feel that things are just hopeless.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

A failure is one who doesn't try.

A need for pain meds and abuse of pain meds are two different things.

Where is the failure?
Old 01-20-2006, 12:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is because I use the pain medications I get from people i know and not my doctors. Plus, I know that i can't just take one pill. I know that if I don't quit that i may end up dying. I have been in the emergency room twice in the last 4 weeks because of taking to much hydrocone. Plus, this meds. mixing with my other medications. I have been taking about 8-12 hydrocone daily. Then I am on 6 medications prescribe to me by my doctor for depression, thyroid, and other health problems. However, I usually don't take my stomach medication because it tastes awful, medication for swelling because it makes me very sick to my stomach and I end up have to go urinate lots especially at night-so I don't get any sleep, then there is a medication for my vertigo-it is suppose to take my dizziness away but it actually makes the dizziness worse.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Of all your pills are any for pain?
Are you in pain? Swelling is the cause of pain most times.
Of the pills your not taking, are any used for swelling?

You say you took 1 1/2 and I am thinking you did it for pain.
Go a mement at a time and say no more will be taken. Don't go past the moment or the day with your will power and prayer.
from this point in your day...You will say no more for today.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

yes, one

of the medications is for swelling. It wasn't just the hands aching but I was feeling sick. Which this may of been because of withdrawals. I don't know.
Anyway my heart is now racing. the only thing I took tonight was the hydrocone.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

why not go buy some potasium pills?? your body is lacking potasium thats why your proubly cramping, anyway that was my expierence when i was using or detoxing,
you may want to try that. just a suggestion. j.h
Old 01-20-2006, 10:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

try eating some bananas are just taking some womens one a day viatmans and adding some vitamin c. I have also been taking melatonin for sleep it is what are bosy produces naturally for sleep. You can buy it over the counter in the vitamin section. I have been trying to come off the hydro cold turkey. I did it for 4 days with nothing. But i relapsed and took 1 pill. But i am used to taking 8 a day withdrawls causes chest pain anxiety feeling of cant be still cold sweats and pain all over. I know what you are going through for i am going through it to and my husband is also a pain in the ass.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ah gee, don't feel like you've failed I was scared to go to an N.A. meeting I thought someone would find out ....that was only two weeks ago or less. Now I don't care what anyone thinks. I too need help ...I was slowly killing myself. It's too bad your husband is so controling. Maybe just say "I got to go for my own health" and just go!
That's just my opinion but I would go whether he likes it or not........Joe