Notices

10 days into a 40 day ween

Old 01-18-2006, 11:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10 days into a 40 day ween

I am 10 days into a 40 day ween off benzos.The night before last I didn't think I was going to make it but I did...Horrible withdraws.
Today I feel better.......Boy does the brain ever spaz out during withdraw.
Sunday I go 2 mg less than what I'm on now for a week then 2 more and so on........about 30-35 days left till zero benzos. .....emmer
Old 01-19-2006, 08:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

I am learning that we only give suggestions in NA. I have no experience with benzos. However, I go to meetings and utilize this site for a reason. A drug is a drug is a drug... If you find that you cannot be sucessful in your current attempt to get clean, maybe some professional help may be more helpful to you. I know that it helped me.

I wish you the best...
Old 01-19-2006, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Greek NA member

Boy, whithdrawal of benzos, I know, I've past through it many times, one of them half of my face dropped down for 2 months, if you now... the last one was in a treatment center and they treated me very good, it was not as bad as all the other times. Only one week on pills and then nothing, but they knew how to do it.... I was very high on heroine at the same time, which I stopped there altogether at once, ****, trust me! Withdrawal of pills is the worst think cause it lasts longer (insanity, paranoias, phobias etc. etc.) but it will pass and with proffessional help and a nice company of understanding addicts in recovery around me it was not that bad as when I was trying alone with my own head or with family members (awfull!) ... Good luck and have strength! A sister from Greece
Old 01-19-2006, 09:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Good luck joe,

You can do it! If you do have any problems pop up, please seek some medical advice or a detox facillity, benzo detox can be dangerous.

Peace and empathy,
Blake