Notices

Did I have it?

Old 01-10-2006, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Did I have it?

If I don't/didn't have it, I'm sorry for posting here. This disorder seems to be really serious. I was molested at a young age and don't remember anything about it now. I remember at the time I'de wake up screaming from nightmares and have these things which I called "my problem" which now I realise feels much like a urinary tract infection, but I took a million pee tests and even went to a gyno and they all came out negitive. Went to doctors all across the state and to oregon too untill my family doc came to a conclusion that it was from the molestion...

I got really angry and questioned my mother if they thought I was crazy, because the pain I was feeling was real. I don't have these any more. They use to come like every month or so when I was around 7 for about 2 or 3 years. I'm just wondering because it says sometimes it can come back... and ruin your whole life... I don't want that to happen.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

At that time I was perscribed Zoloft for depression at around 9 years old... my mom didn't think I had depression so she threw them out after 2 weeks. I might of had it, but I was only 9.. I remember being a happy kid around that time, besides when my 'problem' would come around.

A few years after the molestation, when I was around 5 or 6 - that's when I remember being really shy, scared, not talking to people about it ect...
Old 01-10-2006, 10:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Butterfly Kisses, Welcome to PTSD forum.

In my own personal(note: not professional) opinion, you probably do have PTSD. Have you seen a mental health care professional for this? Was it ever diagnosed?
If you are concerned about it "coming back and ruining your whole life" at this time, I would suggest you talk to someone about it.
One of the best things you can do for yourself is to educate yourself as much as possible on PTSD.
Here is a thread that may be helpful, and it can be found as a "sticky" near
the top of this PTSD forum called "Emotional Trauma Memory Management"
There is a wealth of information on this forum as well as the whole Mental Health Forum here at SR. I and others will try to help you find info as much as we can.

I am sorry for what happened to you as a young child...if you have no memory of it then it is being repressed, blocked-out. You may want to seek the knowledge and help of a professional in the area of PTSD for a greater understanding of the process and for your own benefit.

Best to you Butterfly and please, come back and talk with us.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well I know "IT" happened to me, but I absolutely remember nothing about it. I know my family would not lie to me. Plus I remember being to those counselers and physciatrists offices and just sitting there playing with the toys and not answering any question they ever asked me. I'm glad it's blocked out, but in a way I wish I could remember so I could put the butt wipe in Jail.... who happens to be my father, and has done this to my brother as well but is too scared to talk.

I stopped seeing counselers along time ago so I don't know if they diagnosed me or not... If they did they wouldn't of told ME because I was like a kid... I heard Zoloft treats PTSD as well... maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I remember they perscribed that to me, but for depression... anyhow. I don't think I have had a problem now, and havn't for years... but if it was PTSD... I'm worried if it will come back.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I read that. It's damn confusing... all I got out of it was something about computers and files... haha..jk.. It was helpfull though.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You might very well had had PTSD when you were younger.

Those pains (that were similar to pains from a urinary tract infection) could have been what they call 'body memories' - so even though you consciously did not recall any of the abusive acts perpetrated by your father, your body was remembering the physical pain that the abuse caused you. And anxiety and nightmares are often symptomatic of PTSD.

I'm not sure if your PTSD is gone totally, or whether its just in remission ... but if its going to come back, then come back it will - I dont think you'd be able to prevent it, as PTSD is based on your PAST trauma, and not your current circumstances. But you are older and wiser now than you were when you first experienced PTSD symptoms, and the more you can educate yourself and learn about PTSD, the more likely you will be able to cope with it so much better if it does reappear.

There are many people out there (myself included) who have PTSD and are still living a full, happy life. Try not to be too worried about what 'might be', as it may 'never be'. Live for the moment and enjoy your life in the present .... cross those bridges only when you get to them ... no sense in worrying yourself unnecessarily and making your life miserable NOW, about something that may (or may NOT) happen.

My motto - Try to live life in the here and NOW
!!!