Notices

Very hard

Old 11-07-2005, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I can do this!

Thumbs down Very hard

Well, today was going to be my first day of not taking any percocet, but I've already messed up and it's only 11:30am. I really had myself all set last night not to take them. Even planned all the things I do when the urges hit and all that. I just can't stand the noise in my head when I try not to take them. That's what always makes me give in. Not even so much an urge or anything. My broken record plays something like this:

Well, yea you said you weren't going to take any today but you know you'll feel better if you do. If not your just gonna be thinking about it all day long and driving yourself crazy. So just take 3 and that's IT for the day. That will be alot better than taken 3 sets of 3 like you usually do. At least you'll be cutting down, heading in the right direction. They say you're not supposed to abruptly stop taking them anyway. And so on and on and on.

Now I know exactly what will happen in 4 hours when they wear off........my brain will kick in with the: Well you already messed up today so you might as well take more. Tomorrows a new day, you can start fresh then.

Grrrrrrrrrr, it's SO damn annoying. Anyone have any suggestions for dealing with this constant racket in my head every time I try to stop taking them?

Thanks,
Kathy
Old 11-07-2005, 09:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
REZ

Suggestions: Go to NA meetings. You'll find lots of help there and they will give you more suggestions. In the meantime, you can battle the that bad voice--the addiction voice--with some good thoughts: "I can stop using for five minutes...I don't have to use now. If I use now, I'll just want to use again. Using won't fix anything...etc." Try to get your mind distracted--do something, anything--every time you hear th voice. And remember: go to NA meetings!
Old 11-07-2005, 11:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
gettin_by

I am new here..."By His Blood", I would love to talk to you! I feel that God "put" me [I]here for a reason...I have the exact same problem w/ Norco 10/325 myself! Same amount as you daily...I've been trying to quit for a while...everyday is the tomorrow that never comes, and it's getting very old. Any suggestions?

Old 11-07-2005, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi GettinBy & KathyZ,
I will keep you both in my prayers.

The first few weeks are going to be hard but we can get through it.
NA meetings are very helpful in the journey too.

Pray and ask God to give you the strength. I know that I made it through many hard days with a lot of praying to God.

Hugs-
Old 11-07-2005, 01:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Hi yall,

I suggest (like it was suggested to me) that if you want to not do anymore dope, make sure your house has no dope in it....Flush the pills...you can't take pills that you don't have.

I go to NA on a regular basis and it has made it possible for me to stay clean for the longest period since I was 12. It works if you want it to and you do your best to stay honest, openminded and willing.