Notices

The madness is over...for right now.

Old 10-25-2005, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

The madness is over...for right now.

Sarah is back.

After we went to the hospital this weekend and they got her back on her meds, she has been more and more herself everyday. I woke up this morning and she was cooking me breakfast. SHe isn't acting insane anymore and I cna have a rational conversation with her. Her dope sickness is subsideing and she has been clean since friday. She went to a meeting with me last night and she is going to ask a new woman to sponsor her (the lady she is going to ask is awsome, she has 24 years and is a hard ass bitch, which I think will be good for her) She is going to her psyc doctor today.

When she is on her meds, she works hard for her recovery, when she is off them she goes crazy and ends up getting loaded to sedate herself.

SHe told me last night that I handled all of her craziness, unbelieveably well and that I was a strong person to be able to put up with her. She told me how greatful she was that I didn't give up on her.

I know that this isn't the most healthy relationship, but I fell in love with this girl and I thought I had lost her to insanity and addiction. Now she is back. THe girl I love is back and the one I that drives me crazy is sleeping.....I can't turn my back on her now. I will do my best to help any addict get and stay clean. Especially those close to me.

THank yall for all the support through all the craziness, I couldn't have made it through all that, clean, without all of yall and Narcotics Anonymous.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Blake - you are a bright light of recovery. I just want to tell you that I am proud of you for doing the best you can with what you've got. This isn't about Sarah, it's about YOU. No matter what, hold on to the light of YOUR recovery. Keep turning it over, keep your faith strong, keep your recovery first and only, and you will be ok. We go through what we go through, so I offer no judgements about your choices, my friend - just continued love and support on your journey.

Hugs,

phinny
Old 10-25-2005, 08:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Blessings ..

the hardest part of this recovery stuff sometimes is trying to hear the voice of sanity and guidance between all the din and racket in our head.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

As long as you put your recovery first it will all work out. Remember, she has to work her own program and so do you. I am married to someone in recovery, once in a while we do a meeting together, but usually separate, we keep our programs separate. Just a suggestion.

I am proud of you!