Notices

If At First You Don't Succeed...............

Old 10-18-2005, 08:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

If At First You Don't Succeed...............

All my life I have gave up if I didn't succeed at whatever I was doing...I have always gave in, quit, got mad, say forget it whatever but these past few days I have said I am not going to quit....I have been doing alot of things that I have been neglecting and my attitude sure did show it...I was isolating for almost 3 weeks since my trip to Arkansas and pretty much said screw everything but I know in my heart that I don't want to do that.
Well Saturday I decided that I needed to get to a damn meeting and when I went I heard this guy say "If your not working the steps, then your not in the program!!!" OMG did I need to hear that especially at that time, it is kinda something how you need to hear when you are ready to hear...So anyway I came home Saturday night and I made a plan and I posted it on the NA forum here and at another site that I have been doing....since then I have been into action and that is what this is A program of action...

Anyway I have been doing my meetings again my f2f ones and I asked a guy to sponsor me....I really like what he said at a meeting and I went up to ask him and he said "NO"...OMG I was shocked I have never been turned down and my self worth but then he said " he lives 35 miles away and he won't sponsor someone so far away.." OMG it is not about me LOL....Well I went to a meeting tonight and asked another guy I told him that I was working the NA Step Guide book and asked if he would help me with it and he has never done one and said yes that it would be good for him to see this book and go through it with me...I am so happy and I have loved what he has said since I have moved here and he is a preacher imagine that...

So anyway I am almost done with step one in this book and I am headed the right road to recovery thanks to all of you..

Love Vic
Old 10-18-2005, 08:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Way to go Vic, I'm glad you didn't let the first encounter hold you back from trying again. Good news, your doing great!! Love the attitude! Keep up the good work!
Old 10-18-2005, 08:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thanks Chy I have been working really hard at it lately and I think this has been way over due but it takes what it takes...

Love Vic
Old 10-18-2005, 09:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your Post gave me something to think about to Lucky, something I do is give up to easy. Glad you brought this up....

Rose
Old 10-18-2005, 11:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to look at it Vic!

A long time ago I adopted Badger as my totem because he has tenacity. I was always a quitter too until it came to the hardest thing to quit... being high all the time.

Be a badger buddy.( and if people back away it might be that your growling under your breath.)
Old 10-18-2005, 11:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Livin' the NA WAY

Lucky,

That is cool what you said about needing to hear it, and being ready to.

It reminds me of an old timer in my home group who says "Do the steps or die".
He jumped on me more than once in my early recovery. At first I got pissed. Then after I thought about it a while (A. it got me to think), I figured he was probably right, B. it got me to do something about it. Even if he was a little brash about it, at least I heard the message and made some changes.

I am glad to hear that it got you back in the program and working the steps.
Also, the only step you have to get right is the first one. Which I think you already have down.
You don't have to worry about perfection on the rest, just progress. Its helped me finally be able to live, not just exist.
Your post sounded so uplifted, like when the light goes on. I love to have they feeling nowadays, way to go...

Chad
Old 10-19-2005, 06:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thanks guys and it is going extremely well right now and I am going to take all of it and run with it, another thing that I heard is that you should call atleast three people in the program everyday...So Gooch I might be calling you after 9 at night when I have my free minitues if that is ok...I do like what you have my friend...

Love Vic
Old 10-19-2005, 07:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

are you on EST ? lol

cuz if not ... then I get my free minutes an hr earlier .. pbbbbbbbbtttt! lol

also know who wins the games before you..
Old 10-19-2005, 08:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Gooch
are you on EST ? lol

cuz if not ... then I get my free minutes an hr earlier .. pbbbbbbbbtttt! lol

also know who wins the games before you..
ROLMAO No Gooch I am in Central time and I will be calling you LOL>>>>>
Love Vic
Old 10-19-2005, 05:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanks for posting this Vic! sounds like you've made the first and most important step in recovery.....procastination is yuk yuk I do believe...now if only someone would come and give me a kick in the butt to get me going on these steps! thumbs up to you my friend