Notices

I just fed my cats Cookie Crisp!!

Old 10-09-2005, 09:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redefined

I just fed my cats Cookie Crisp!!

I ran out of cat food and they keep loking at me like their going to eat me in my sleep. So I figured if their really hungry they'll eat it... right?
Old 10-09-2005, 09:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What the hell is cookie crisp?
Old 10-09-2005, 09:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

hmm never tried feeding them that.

My MIL would feed them the $7 a pound roast beef or the large cans of tuna fish that was going to be for lunch.

We had a cat that would eat corn *LOL*
I was told that to a cat...it all tastes like chicken anyway *LOL*
Old 10-09-2005, 09:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Redefined

I don't even have any decent left overs to feed them. My fridge is almost empty. I hope the Cookie cop dosen't arrest me.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by mParnell
I hope the Cookie cop dosen't arrest me.
*LOL*

I will send the Trix rabbit over for protection from him.
Captain Crunch will give him a ride in the boat.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah,but how will you stop "Count Chocula" and the three "Snap,crackle,pop" guys ?
Old 10-09-2005, 10:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Redefined

I don't now theres just to many of them. I'll have to jump on to Shugar Smacks back and hop away.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

I don't know about cats, but dogs are very succeptible to caffiene, which is in chocolate. Does cookie crisp have choc bits in it? If so you might want to give em another more grain-y cereal.

Gawd that stuff has calories in it. I'll just eat the chips ahoy, skip the milk! LOL

Me, three cats- Gypsy, Macy Grey, and Steely Dan.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Please be careful. I don't think you can give cats chocolate. It could be fatal to them. I admire you for thinking of them & wanting to get them fed, instead of letting them fend for themselves. And I'm not sure Cookie Crisp has real chocolate in it anyway. Just PLEASE be careful with that.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Red Hot Chili Pepper

I doubt there's enough real chocolate product in cereal (which is all chemicals and filler I think) to do any damage.

No dog food? I'll assume not. I usually have a can of tuna shoved away somewhere, however. My cat's 25, sleeps most of the day now. He'll eat pretty much anything.

Kelly
Old 10-10-2005, 10:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I used to have a cat that loved cheeto puffs
Old 10-10-2005, 12:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

Our cats like our chihuahuas food. Our chihuahua likes the cats food. It makes it easy when we run out of one or the other.

We usually run out of cat food first as we have two cats. You ought to see the stand off between the two cats and our chihuahua.

The cats usually win, one cat distracts the chihuahua while the other cat eats his food.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

A 25 year old cat???? Holy Cannoli!!!!!!!! Mine's 19. Everyone, including me, thought THAT was good. WOW!!

LOL, my other cat, who I had to put to sleep on New Year's Day used to love Doritoes. The cat I have now used to love cantalope. He's getting finicky in his old age though.... now I have to mix baby food in with his cat food, & if I'm lucky, he'll eat it.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Let me know if they like it. My cat Clarence turns his nose up at pretty much anythng I try and give him except the cheap dry cat food I started feeding him when he came home from the shelter. But he has to "inspect" everything I eat. lol
Old 10-10-2005, 04:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gooch
But he has to "inspect" everything I eat. lol
Mine, too. And, what IS the deal with the cat eating dog food? I give her dry plus a couple of tablespoons of real tuna every day, but I can't tell you how many times I've caught her eating out of the boys bowls. I tell her that if she keeps that up, she'll bark instead of meow, but so far that hasn't disuaded her. Does anyone know? Is this bad for her?

Thanks.

Phinny
Old 10-10-2005, 05:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

mine loves frosted mini wheats, put a bowl of cat food next to a bowl of mini wheats and he'll eat the mini wheats.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Redefined

The Cookie Crisp prettty much stayed in the bowl I put it in for them.
And I woke up with a chunck of my hand missing.
I knew I should of just broken down and cooked them burgers.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Livin' the NA WAY

I had a good morning laugh on this one. Too bad my wife ran to work before I read this one. She would have laughed.
We have a Blue & Gold Macaw (3ft parrot - yes she talks - no cuss words or polly want a ...) 3 cats, and a Samoyed.
Our dog of course eats anything, including getting to my birds seed in the bottom of her cage and eats the nuts and shells Dino drops.
My oldest cat Bo-Bo absolutely LOVES I cream. My wife swears he knows the difference between the freezer being opened, and the fridge. Because he comes right upstairs when I sit down to eat. He also eats corn, on the cob as well.
Our bird will say "mmmmmmmm......mmmmmmmmm" till we give her a little something of whatever we have to see if she likes it. If she does, she will say "Gooooooooood". She LOVES mac n' cheese.
Our pets are pretty spoiled. The live on a seperate floor to themselves since we don't have kids yet (after 11 years! - soon though if my wife doesn't fall in love with another pet....oh yeah....after we get another Samoyed in the spring!) So they have 2 bedrooms and a living room they share.
We have tried to feed our cats Iams and they REFUSE to eat it, even after a day with no food. So back to the cheap cat food we have had to feed them.
And of course our dog eats everything any of us won't.
Oh yeah, our bird LOVES McDonald's cheeseburgers and fries.
I have to keep my WIFE on a short leash with feeding our pets people food, but they do love it.
We aren't nearly as bad as her step dad. He used to feed his dog's prepared meals EVERYDAY. From steaks to fresh lunch meat, only the best. Until it passed last year. It was HUGE and sick a lot. It looked like it would pop out of its skin. It was sad. And it was a Maltese, so it should have been pretty small. I think he learned, his new dog he doesn't do it nearly as bad.
It's hard to understand, but he spent 25+ years on and off in prison and thinks everyone and everything should have a good meal and their belly full everyday...
Good thread Parnell...
My pets gave me love while I was out there, now I am able to give it back in recovery.
Chad
Old 10-11-2005, 07:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

About 6 years ago my first cat, Jammer passed . he was 17 or 18 years old. He loved ice cream so I would always let him clean out the carton when it was empty.

Took me a few times of setting the empty on the floor before I remembered my clean up crew wasn't there to clean it out.

I didn't even want another cat until my ex gf talked me into going to the shelter and Clarence adopted me.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:03 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

LOL! Maybe they will enjoy it!