Notices

well it's that time of year again

Old 09-07-2005, 04:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

well it's that time of year again

and the happenings of katrina aren't helping much.

i've already put my name on the list for people to go help rebuild the gulf coast. just wating on my union to tell me when and where.

it's this time of year that i crawl into my hole and isolate, so if i'm not that active in the forums you know why. it's ok though, today i don't dwell in it, i reminice and pray on it. it's my time to remember, many have already forgotten what it was really like, i guess it's easy to forget if you weren't actually there. not forget that it happened, but to forget how awful it really was.

i kept saying i would gather my pictures from that horrible tme and put them together in an album, well it's 4 years later and i finally got around to it. i didn't put in any of the really disturbing stuff, which was taken unintentionally, (stuff was hidden in the pictures that wasn't seen as they were taken), and only put in the photos of the destruction. i think the faces of the search and recovery people tell it all.

i put it into a slideshow for easier viewing if anyone cares to look. if the link don't work for anyone let me know.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b133/b...rue&interval=3
Old 09-07-2005, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh **** call me anytime you need me.
You know you brought to mind something for me.
I have been sooo badly upset about Katrina.
I thought maybe it was because it was so close to home that it got to me so much.
But now I'm thinking maybe it is the post trauma thing kicking in of a time when I lived in abuse and was all alone and thought I was going to die at anytime. I think now seeing those people's desperation even though they were totaly different circumstances brought back memories of my own desperation and there was noone there to help me.
Just for the record so you know ... you are my hero ****
Old 09-07-2005, 06:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks ****, As 9/11 draws near, it is good to see the photos. Not to go back but, to remember. Don W
Old 09-07-2005, 06:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Bill)))
We have not forgotten the horror of that terrible day...
...nor the heroes that responded.
Thanks for being our hero, Bill...
Love ya, man...
Shalom!
Old 09-07-2005, 07:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We'll never forget, ****.

Hugs
Ann
Old 09-07-2005, 07:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

On the other side of the country in California...we have not forgotten either, please know that.

You do what you need to do to take care of yourself. This year, like the past few years I will pray for the families, and the people of NY.

It was a trauma that none of us can pretend to understand. As I look at your pictures tears run down my face but I know that my tears do not have the same meaning behind them as yours, and I would not compare them to yours, that would be disrespectful.

Please know that we...people...have not forgotten.

Take care of you. And what a wonderful human being you are that in the middle of your own pain, you are reaching out to help others. I am so proud of you.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

((( Bill )))
I think about 9/11 alot and the approaching anniversary, to me, is not only a day to honor the dead,but like Teach said also to honor the hero's of that day. The rescuers,the survivors,the families and the people who rebuilt. All showed and continued to show a remarkable strength of spirit.9/11 was not only a great tragedy but also a day that showed the best that America and the great city of New York had to offer.Terrorists will never kill our spirits or stop us from living our way of life.Never.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

(( **** )) I am thinking of you.

Lord, help us to use this tragedy to see beyond our divisions of religion, race, and nationality and to embrace our common humanity. May we learn to see that of you in our neighbors, and even in our enemies. May love overcome hate, peace overcome violence, and faith overcome despair. Amen
Old 09-08-2005, 07:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

**** - thank you so much for sharing this with us - may we never forget! My heart goes out to all who were and still are affected by this tragedy!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 07:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
911 flag.jpg (3.4 KB, 726 views)
Old 09-08-2005, 08:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Chy

(((Bill))) I remember your struggles the day you arrived with this and am so proud of how far you've come... I won't forget either my friend.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thanks guys, for all the support, but put your prayers and thoughts to better use by using them for the children and loved ones who were left behind.

i'm ok, it's just my quiet time
Old 09-09-2005, 03:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

May those who have been affected by this horrifying act be given solace and comfort in Spirit. May those who were lost be held in the hands of that Great One. May those who have committed this act learn to See. This is not the way.

Blessed Great Spirit, I ask this thing. May it be.

Beliefnet member Eleisawolf
Old 09-09-2005, 03:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Originally Posted by ****_OReiley
thanks guys, for all the support, but put your prayers and thoughts to better use by using them for the children and loved ones who were left behind.

i'm ok, it's just my quiet time
I think HP can handle prayers of comfort and peace for ALL of you.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

That's so right ! ((( Bill )))
Old 09-09-2005, 05:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
To Life!

Paulie, you took the words right out of my mouth...
Be well, Bill...
Shalom!
Old 09-11-2005, 10:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Thinking of you today and all the people hurt on 9/11.

Sending blessings to all of you.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thinking of you today also, ****, with gratitude for those who step up to the plate and just do what has to be done. Thank you.

Hugs
Ann
Old 09-12-2005, 07:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi **** and all. I couldn't help but think of you all on 9/11. Having stood on the site added extra meaning. I kept busy with family out to dinner. The subject came up, so I shared the story of the church. This brought everyones focus to good. For those who don't know about the church. While at the round up in NYC we visited a church. The church has become home to all the artifacts and pictures seen on fences, And other memorabila. The amazing part was the survival of the church it self. Although right in the middle of the destruction with burning buildings and explosions around it. There was no structual damage. Not even a cracked stain glass window. If you're ever in NYC, visit it. Can't remember the name now but, just follow everyone. There are even baby shoes from grown up adults that were missing that parents hung in prayer. Just remember ****, acording to the man on the "Circle Line" 9/11 changed a hard city into a more caring one. Don W
Old 09-13-2005, 05:07 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Bill
Hugs and love and prayers to you and others who were directly and powerfully impacted by the events of that horrible day and those that followed.

All of us were affected~ and our lives will never be the same.

Thanks for being one of the good guys.

Barb