Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Mental Health Issues > Anxiety Disorders
Reload this Page >

Medication-warning side effect---laughter--Be careful what you ask for

Notices

Old 08-26-2005, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I went to the VA today for my meeting. My luck the doctor decided he had time to see me. He was able to give me some quality time. He is so busy that this is rare. We had a talk and I explained about removing myself from the Paxil. I also took a deep breath and explained my embarrassment about talking about the sexual side affects. Instead of scolding me, as I expected, he congradulated me on overcoming this fear. He has place me on a new medication, Trazodone, that won't have as much sexual side affect. However, to offset this he gave me male enhance. This however, has a possible side affect that has had the jokes going back and forth. I mentioned to my wife that sometimes you need to be careful what you ask for. I then pointed out that if, how can I put this?, if the something in question has a prolonged event,over 4 hours, that I should seek medical attention. Well, the jokes are going on and on. I told her that my VA counselor, Deneen, said to call her if this happens. How do I explain when asked at hospital, what is the problem? Or, how about calling out sick from work. I better get in shape, talk about putting the horse behind the cart. I hate sleeping on my back. Honey, I think you better call for help. Lastly, I'm going to Florida next week, I must be sure not to take this within, 6 hours of my flight. Excuse me Mr. Wallce but, you need to put your tray up. And of course, can I get you a warm cloth? Jump in, it's Friday. I'm sure there are some good jokes that will come up. Woops, bad choice of words. He also gave me a lesson on learning to ground yourself. I'll post that on Monday. Don W
Old 08-26-2005, 05:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

:Lmao

Don, you are TOOOOOO much!!!
Right now, I'm so exhausted from my moves - home and classroom with neither one finished - that I can't think of any jokes. I know they're in there....just can't get them up...
But, you sure made me laugh really good with this one! Thanks for that!
I'll come back when I think of something good...
Shalom!
Old 08-26-2005, 05:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

Oh, and tell Debby she is one very lucky lady!!! In more ways than one!!!
Shalom!
Old 08-26-2005, 05:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's (hard) to tell, all she does is smile. I must have had a preminission last night choosing the flag and pole for my signature. Don, just call me the energizer bunny, W Of course I told Debby my counselor wants a full report in a month. Hey, the sacrifices we make for others. Don W
Old 08-26-2005, 06:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

:Lmao
You're keeping me in stiches, Don!!! The flagpole!!!
Lucky woman you've got there!
Shalom!