Notices

19 Days sober...new to SR

Old 08-18-2005, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

19 Days sober...new to SR

Hello to everyone. I'm new to SR I've been here about a week. I'm struggling with an addiction to speed. I am 30 years old have three beautiful kids and am ready to live that "normal" life again. I've posted a few times and recieved many different replies. I'm looking for a rehabilitation facility to go to I've asked my preacher to help me with that. I've been sober only 19 days and I know I've got a long road ahead. I feel ok I spent the first 10 days feeling like a big piece of crap, but things improve each day. I really feel like my next step is treatment, I found out today that speed stores in the fat cells of the body and can stay in those fat cells for up to one year and that is alot of reasoning as to why people have such a hard time staying off of it. I'm in trouble cause I've got a heck of ALOT of fat cells for storage(ha ha). I just wanted to post here say hello to everyone... make new friends meet new people. I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible I'm a great listener so give me a shout!
Old 08-18-2005, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Hi Court!
Welcome! Congrad's on your 19 precious days. It's great that you are seeking further treatment. Glad your here!
Bless,Trish
Old 08-18-2005, 05:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Court,
Welcome to SR. Congrats on 19 days. Have you tried going to NA meetings yet? That is what helped me. If you still want to consider treatment, check out www.ncadd.org and go to 'affiliates' you can find resources in your state to help.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Hey there, Court!

So glad you're here at SR! And a BIG congratulations on 19 days! That's wonderful! It sounds like you've really got a solid plan for your continued recovery, and I wish you all the best. Reading and posting here at SR has been a very important part of my recovery. The members here are very supportive and caring, always coming to the aid of other addicts, willing to share their sobriety advice, or just to say, "Good job," or "Gosh, that sucks," "How can I help?" or "What you should try is," etc. You just can't lose! I hope you'll stay and join the family.

Keep us posted!
Old 08-18-2005, 08:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dave_B.

Welcome home!

If you are interested in learning more about Narcotics Anonymous in your area try the following info for the meetings around northern OK and the panhandle. There is quite a bit of info on that site about surrounding area's as well. It's a start.

http://pasc.okna.org/

The Plains Area of NA
1-800-982-0242

Old 08-19-2005, 12:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

Welcome to SR Court, There are a lot of good people here and if you need help as you can see all you need to is ask.